So the topic is that 'Children are more disciplined in the absence of their mothers'. Please, help me. And its sixth grade, so keep that in mind. Need points in favour.
The only arguments I can think of are personal experience and casual observation. I generally didn't misbehave when either of my parents were around.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Children need to learn to be independent, this isnt possible if their mother is around all the time
Quote by LeakyFlask
You're born in '95 but you're in 6th grade?

You gotta be 13 to register, probably lied.

OT: Don't ask me, I was never very good at that shiet.
The cliche is that other people's kids are better behaved. If you are at someone else's house you are afraid of breaking their rules for whatever reason. On the other hand children know they are safe in their own home, so they want to try and push the boundaries to work out just what they can and can't do.

But, that doesn't mean it is the absence of their parents so much as it is not being in their own home. If you brought up all children in one commune with no mothers they would still misbehave.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by LeakyFlask
You're born in '95 but you're in 6th grade?

I hear that's pretty normal for Americans...
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
I hear that's pretty normal for Americans...

>favour
>American

Are you in 6th grade too?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
>favour
>American

Are you in 6th grade too?

No.

But I'm in a 6th grader.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
what.

debate....sixth grade? wtf? First debate I ever had was in 10th grade and all we did was laugh at the other side and put them down.
If it's in school you can talk about behaviour in school. Would the 6th graders treat their parents like they treat teachers? Would they be rude or obnoxious or refuse to do any work in front of their parents? That might be a nice start. Compare home behaviour to school behaviour.
Who gives a shi t you're in sixth grade. Oops sorry I didn't mean to curse.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
its grade 6... realistically, not only will the teacher not expect much. but she will expect your parents to help you. If you think about it yourself, you will probably do better than everyone else who had their parents do their homework. On a side note, ill probably answer this after I finish my linear algebra assignment in like an hour
Damn.... Sixth grade. Boobs lolololol.... Penis Hahahahahahahaha
Hairy balls lololololololololol

Sorry.... That's my opinion of what goes thru six graders minds.
Make an argument saying free will does not exist. Kids do not choose how they act under different circumstances and environments, sothe little aliens controlling out thoughts and actions aren't used to being in uncontrolled environments so take extra precautions, therefore acting more disciplined.
TS lied about his age. 10 year olds don't belong on UG.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
masturbate vigourously on top of a table whilst proclaiming "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MOTHERS AREN'T AROUND!!"
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!