Page 1 of 2
P.E.T.A have now launched a campaign against mario because of his tanooki form

P.E.T.A Stated:
Quote by P.E.T.A
“When on a mission to rescue the princess, Mario has been known to use any means necessary to defeat his enemy—even wearing the skin of a raccoon dog to give him special powers. Tanooki may be just a “suit” in Mario games, but in real life, tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur. By wearing Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it’s OK to wear fur.”

Discuss

(My 2 cents if anyone cares is that P.E.T.A has gone full on crazy and honestly don't know what their talking about)
I'd pay money for that game.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
I'd pay money for that game.

that game actually exists, there is a link to said game here
Quote by MM14
that game actually exists, there is a link to said game here

woah peta did something good for once! this is pretty fun!
When you catch Mario:

"Fuck you Mario, that skin belongs to an animal!
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
PETA vs Mario?
My money is on Mario.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
PETA are like a feminist movement; their overall goal is rather great and worth fighting for, but so many little things they complain about are absolutely arbitrary and idiotic.

EDIT: ^ This.

Also, why the tanooki suit? He has a bee suit, a frog suit, a raccoon suit, and others as well.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Can't we just stop giving PETA the exposure and ignore them when these things come up?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
That game sucks. The gravity in the jumps feels all wrong.

Also, **** raccoons and **** their fur and **** P.E.T.A for being totally clueless. Letting seven year olds play games about killing hookers might be an issue to stand up against, but protesting a game that involves a mustachio'd plumber saving his girlfriend while dressed like an animal is just stupid.
Quote by MM14
P.E.T.A Stated:
“When on a mission to rail the pr0ncess, Penio has been known to use any means necessary to fellate his target—even shitting on the chest of the pr0ncess to give him special powers. Danookie may be just a “awright, less just get this over wit” in Penio games, but in real life, danookie is a dangerous reproductive act where further Penios are born. By doing Danookie, Penio is sending the message that it’s OK to jizz in the pr0ncess' eye.”

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Doesnt P.E.T.A know that you never go full retard?
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by SkepsisMetal
It is okay to wear fur.

/thread

Indeed, the human race started out by wearing fur.. Those cavemen sure as hell weren't spinning cotton and making designer brand clothing..

All those little kids who dress up for Halloween better think twice about being their favourite animal.. Dressing up as a little tiger OBVIOUSLY sends the message it is ok to wear fur to..

Seriously thought that PETA couldn't take it this far.. Respect for their cause but they go about it all wrong and this is no exception..

Tis a game PETA, something you've turned animal rights into.

I've never seen a Mario game where he actually kills a tanooki and then skins it to acquire its powers. In fact, I'm pretty sure raccoons can't fly.
REGGIE
Quote by L2112Lif
Also, I love how they don't care about the fact that I'm skinning deer in Skyrim to make hide bracers JUST TO DROP ON THE GROUND. >_>

This. So much this.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
P.E.T.A's overall goals are ****ing stupid.

I'm pretty sure their goal is to make animals on nearly the same level as humans, like you couldn't own them, you'd just have to throw your pets out to die, because that's slavery herpa derp.

I can't do research on it because their site won't load on my computer, but here's a link:
http://www.peta.org/about/why-peta/pets.aspx
it should say if I'm wrong or not. Reading elsewhere it seems they have different interpretations of pets and owning and I wish the site would just load-_-
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 15, 2011,
PETA these days aren't much different to the WBC because they'll make some bat-shit crazy statement in an attempt to cause controvisy/offence to draw attention to themselves, when in reality all that Joe Average does is shrug his shoulders and continue on with his day.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
I have a picture of me standing in front of what looks like 50+ raccoon skins, I shot half of them. My dad and I sold them for a lot of money, this was about a decade ago though.

Coons are mean as shit, and when they went down in price they overpopulated for a while then there were like none of them.
I just thought...

Raccoon skins??? What the fuck are you supposed to do with raccoon skins anyway??

Sure, Mario can use them for suits, but he's a short enough to fit in one!

just wait until PETA learns about Samus Aran and her systemic extinguishing of practically all the mega fauna she has encountered on her various journeys...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
FUCK YOU IN THE ASS SIDEWAYS WITH A GIANT SPIKED DILDO, PETA.

Seriously, either gtfo or stfu.
The last two posts are just ironic.

Quote by darkstar2466
P.E.T.A Stated:

“When on a mission to rail the pr0ncess, Penio has been known to use any means necessary to fellate his target—even shitting on the chest of the pr0ncess to give him special powers. Danookie may be just a “awright, less just get this over wit” in Penio games, but in real life, danookie is a dangerous reproductive act where further Penios are born. By doing Danookie, Penio is sending the message that it’s OK to jizz in the pr0ncess' eye.”

Did no one else see this?

Quote by L2112Lif
Dont worry, Mario will jump right on this and all will be right with the world.

Also, I love how they don't care about the fact that I'm skinning deer in Skyrim to make hide bracers JUST TO DROP ON THE GROUND. >_>

Exactly. PETA is just ridiculous. You could skin any animal you wanted in Red Dead Redemption. Hell, you could make buffalos extinct. It was an achievement.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 15, 2011,
Quote by stratkat
P.E.T.A's overall goals are ****ing stupid.

I'm pretty sure their goal is to make animals on nearly the same level as humans, like you couldn't own them, you'd just have to throw your pets out to die, because that's slavery herpa derp.

I can't do research on it because their site won't load on my computer, but here's a link:
http://www.peta.org/about/why-peta/pets.aspx
it should say if I'm wrong or not. Reading elsewhere it seems they have different interpretations of pets and owning and I wish the site would just load-_-

It basically supports your general idea, and to them I say fully and most completely, as any human being ever has toward anything that has every been so entirely wrong - Fuck you. My soon-to-be put-down dog loves me, and I love him. He wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for me, I'm 100% convinced, his life would have been much shorter and not nearly as good. I brought him years and years of happiness like no other person could be willing, and he's done the same to me. Fuck you, PETA, for being just so plain wrong and not even realizing it, for the sake of consistency in beliefs which don't reflect reality in the first place.
Quote by Mudmen190
It basically supports your general idea, and to them I say fully and most completely, as any human being ever has toward anything that has every been so entirely wrong - Fuck you. My soon-to-be put-down dog loves me, and I love him. He wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for me, I'm 100% convinced, his life would have been much shorter and not nearly as good. I brought him years and years of happiness like no other person could be willing, and he's done the same to me. Fuck you, PETA, for being just so plain wrong and not even realizing it, for the sake of consistency in beliefs which don't reflect reality in the first place.

This so much. I treat my dogs and cats better then some people treat their own children, and I love them, but nooo, it's ****ing slavery to own a pet. **** PETA! Bunch of douche-bags.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Ill try to see if I can find it, but there's a study that has proven PETA has killer more animals than it has saved.

Also their founder doesn't believe in human pregnancy.
Shit like this makes have to deal with people saying how stupid vegans are because peta is stupid. How ridiculous. I didnt know Mario skinned the racoons I thought he wove that costume himself like how when you pick up a feather you make it into a cape.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Shit like this makes have to deal with people saying how stupid vegans are because peta is stupid. How ridiculous. I didnt know Mario skinned the racoons I thought he wove that costume himself like how when you pick up a feather you make it into a cape.
Thisthisthisthisthis.

Quote by Weirdbag
P.E.T.A. is awesome and I (would) support them because what they do is (for me) right and important but this is really unnecessary and stupid.

Why on earth would you ever support them?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
Why on earth would you ever support them?
Did anyone ever tell you that your sig looks like Whooper?

Does the P.E.T.A just sit in a room all day and think about what things they can hate that day?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Page 1 of 2