my guitar is equipped with a floyd rose tremolo and my B string is rattling its just that string as well i have raised the action but it still rattles, does anyone know what is going on?
Take the lock off the nut. hook that string with your finger and pull it slightly to one side or the other and pluck the string. See if the rattle is gone. If so your nut needs some filing. I keep having this issues with an old RG470. I've even replaced the nut and the problem is back after a couple of string changes.
Quote by poppameth
Take the lock off the nut. hook that string with your finger and pull it slightly to one side or the other and pluck the string. See if the rattle is gone. If so your nut needs some filing. I keep having this issues with an old RG470. I've even replaced the nut and the problem is back after a couple of string changes.

You replaced the nut and the problem is back? Then it has to be in the bridge. Get a new saddle and see if that fixes it.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I replaced the bridge too. Still there. If I pull that string to the side in the nut though the rattle disappears. I'm pretty sure it's a nut problem. I'll have to try filing it a bit. The nut looks fine though. I might try swapping out the string pad before filing anything.
It might be the spring underneath the locking nut for the string, at the back. Mine was a bit soft so I took the screw out, bent the spring up then put it back togther, problem cured.