#1
Looked everywhere (Not just UG, but the internet), couldn't find an answer.
That may be because I'm not too sure what to search for exactly, as I don't know what's causing the issue.

Couple days ago my system was exporting audio mixdowns just fine, and all of a sudden I tried to export a newer version of a song I had been working on. Everything sounded fine, except one thing. The drums cut out around the 1:30 to 2 minute mark... on everything I've tried to export since.

I'm using Cubase 5, with EZDrummer Drumkit from Hell and a Line 6 UX2 with Pod Farm 2.5.

Asus
2.1 Ghz Intel i3 Quad-Core Processor
4 GB DDR3 Ram

I'm recording at 48.0 Hz, 32-Bit.
Exporting at 44.1 HZ, 16-Bit.


I have no idea what caused the issue if it may be a memory problem, or a VST malfunction. It's bothering me more-so because it only started doing this about a week ago and I've had no problems up until now.


Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
#2
Uncheck "Realtime Export" if you have that checked and it should work. Also, when you go to select the area that you want to export, make sure that the color is blue.
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
#3
Yeah I've never had an issue with the locators being set wrong haha... I'm not that computer handicapped :P

But yeah, I'll try that now... Thanks.
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
#4
So real-time export was off to start with. I think it may be a memory issue? :?
If I mute the guitar tracks, the entirety of the drum track is exported just fine. Turn the guitars back on... the issue pops back up.
I'm trying with a lower kb/s, but I'm not too sure if that will have much of an effect.

Anyone else?

EDIT: If it IS a memory issue, how would I go about assigning more memory usage to the program itself, or is there a way to increase CPU/Ram usage during export?
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Last edited by Ryioku at Nov 15, 2011,
#5
If it is a RAM issue, depending on if you use Vista or Windows 7, you can use a USB Flash Drive to give you that extra needed memory using Ready Boost. Also you could try assigning Cubase to have High Priority by pressing CTRL + Alt + Del, go to the process tab, find cubase, and right click it and change the priority on it
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics