It's almost set in stone, but I just want to know what you guys think:

I play many styles of music. My favorites being Prog Metal(BTBAM), 80+90s Heavy Metal(think Megadeth, Dave Ellefson) and some post-hardcore stuff. Would an Ibanez EDC 705(used) be a good bass for these styles? I'll be using it for band sessions and gigs. On top of recording. The owner is asking $300. It comes with a case

I've always liked the concept of a 5er for more creativity. I've talked to the person selling it and they can meet me saturday. What do you guys think? because with my extremely low budget it's either this or a Squire VM Jazz.
It should serve you well. A lot of people truly liked those basses.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Ibby Ergodynes are nice, I'd take one over a Squier VM any day. Some people say the lucite bodies smell like gasoline, but unless you regularly smell your bass I don't suppose that would be a problem. Every EDB or EDC I've played has been great.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Ibby Ergodynes are nice, I'd take one over a Squier VM any day. Some people say the lucite bodies smell like gasoline, but unless you regularly smell your bass I don't suppose that would be a problem. Every EDB or EDC I've played has been great.

they smell like gas new but after a few years of playing they're fine. not gonna be a problem since OP is buying used.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E