Hi. My budget is $1500, I originally wanted to get a Rocker 30 combo and a Les Paul Studio (faded brown or early '90s alpine white) but I got a good deal on a Rocker 30 head so I went for it. Right now I only have $750 left and I'm wondering if I should get an Orange PPC212 cab for $740 or if I should get a Harley Benton G212 vintage cab for $275. Which means I'll still have $475 left, and that + Christmas money equals a Les Paul

What do you think?
Michael
Well, I don't know the exact speakers inside of the Harley Benton G212 (I'd imagine G12H's?), but you certainly don't need to shell out $750 for the orange 2x12 cab. You can definitely get a 2x12 cab with the same speakers (Celestion Vintage 30s) for a cheaper price. I actually just got a Mesa Recto 2x12 Used For $350 shipped via Guitar Center a month ago, so I would definitely go that route if you can.

There are definitely other 2x12 cabs with 2x V30s out there, and I would suggest looking into that option instead of getting the orange cab for an extra $400.
The Harley Benton is loaded with V30s And I live in Poland, so I can't buy used from Guitar Center. But thanks for the answer!
Michael
Unfortunately there seems to be a difference in the quality of cabinets.
Whether this is just a "perceived difference" or an "actual difference" is the topic of debate.

What I can tell you for sure is that the speaker choice is probably going to have the biggest impact on tone.

I've heard very good things about the Harley Benton cabinets. I personally don't feel you're going to hear much tonal difference between the two.

However, assuming the worst case scenario, even if there was a slight difference, I don't think that would be enough to make any live (or recorded) performance you have as "less enjoyable".

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I personally don't feel that the extra cost of the Orange cabinet is justified. Unless of course you're touring every weekend and your music is a large part of your income.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Why buy a 2x12 when you have a combo?

go for the LP dude. I have a '96 alpine white LP studio and I absolutely love it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by theraven871
Unless of course you're touring every weekend and your music is a large part of your income.

I wish, but, no

Quote by LaidBack
Why buy a 2x12 when you have a combo?

I originally planned to buy a combo but I got a head instead
Michael
Quote by mspunk13
The Harley Benton is loaded with V30s And I live in Poland, so I can't buy used from Guitar Center. But thanks for the answer!

If you're in Poland, why are you giving us a budget in Dollars?

Anyway, Orange cabs are nice, but the HB isn't a bad substitute. Alternatively, look into tubetown, they make nice stuff that is affordable:
http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/index.php/cat/c380_TTC-Guitar-Cabinets.html
Note that the prices of these are without speakers installed. They do however have a nice selection of speakers available.
Zilla cabs in the UK is also worth a shot - I have no personal experience with these, but the people who own one usually can't shut up about it.
http://zillacabs.com/

Used cabs are also an option... I don't know about the used market in Poland, but ebay.de and ebay.co.uk have a lot of stuff and many of the sellers ship internationally.

wow, I can't read....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Well, I'm giving you a budget in US dollars since it seems more "standard" than Polish zloty I used to write about prices in PLN in my posts a long time ago and almost everyone would ask my how much that is in dolllars/pounds.

Anyway, thanks for the thorough answer! I find it really helpful.
Michael