Budget? - 500usd, flexible
Genres? - Blackened, indie, acoustic, blah blah
New or Used? - Both
Home or Gig? - Both
Closest City? - South bend, Indiana
Current Gear? - Yamaha F335

I'm looking to get a new acoustic, this thing has poor action and is rather dull sounding.

I'm mainly looking for something bright sounding with great action. I've looked at plenty of brands, like Martin, Seagull, Breedlove, but I was looking for some advice on what is good to look at.

I don't want a guitar with a cutaway, and would prefer if it didn't have any electronics in it at all.

Any other information, just ask.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
What's your budget? I got an alvarez RD210 for a little over $200, it sounds wonderful with the factory strings and compared to my old acoustic, the action is a lot better.
Quote by Bam515
What's your budget? I got an alvarez RD210 for a little over $200, it sounds wonderful with the factory strings and compared to my old acoustic, the action is a lot better.

You must not have read my OP

$500usd
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
you know, you can have your action lowered and get brighter strings.

do you like the neck on your yamaha?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
you know, you can have your action lowered and get brighter strings.

do you like the neck on your yamaha?

No I don't. And yes, I play with bright strings, I just don't like the sound of this guitar, very dull.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
So, any advice for brands to look at? More specifically, models in my price range?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Maybe check out a used Taylor? It would be hard to find but those always sounded bright to me.
Quote by mkocian17
Maybe check out a used Taylor? It would be hard to find but those always sounded bright to me.

Yeah, I would say the same. Taylors are pretty bright!
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
how could you dislike a Yamaha? You could probably get a low-end Martin or a decent Cort. Washburn, Takamine, Recording King. Larrivee, I like Larrivee. Most Larrivees don't come with electronics.
Quote by dragonkidkoga
how could you dislike a Yamaha? You could probably get a low-end Martin or a decent Cort. Washburn, Takamine, Recording King. Larrivee, I like Larrivee. Most Larrivees don't come with electronics.

Meh, I just don't like the feel, and after playing something in the 4-500 dollar range, I only want something more expensive, just, overall better sounding to me.

I will take a look at Taylor, Martins again, and Larrivee
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90