Hey everyone, I'm in desperate need of a live rig.

My budget is ~<$400. Preferably under 300, so used is completely fine. I'm not sure if I need a combo amp or a half stack.

I've been using Amplitube 3 for studio use, but now that gigs are finally on the horizon I need something to use that doesn't involve my computer. (Not because of reliability or anything, but I just don't want it smelling like smoke/getting beer spilled on it/theft/etc.)

Because it is all for live settings, and is in the context of modern, loud, progressive metal, I will probably need something that will get fairly loud. I imagine though I will be mic'd up through the club's PA, so I can't imagine needing a ton of power.

I was thinking about a 75W Line 6 spider. I've used them several times before and I tend to like them. I've been informed that wouldn't be enough power and would need to consider a half stack.

Just looking for some opinions from more seasoned live players. I'm a drummer normally so this is all fairly new to me haha.
Quote by xrainx
Hey everyone, I'm in desperate need of a live rig.

My budget is ~<$400. Preferably under 300, so used is completely fine. I'm not sure if I need a combo amp or a half stack.

Not a lot to work with there...

I'd start looking at Craigs list to see what's available...

As far as loudness, if you're going to mic' it, it needs to be loud enough for you to hear on stage... If it's mic'd, you can run it through the monitors too..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
the Line 6 is crap so pass on that. maybe a Peavey Vypyr would work for you. honestly to get the sound you want will cost a lot more than your budget. if you can up your budget to around $500 you can probably find a used Peavey 6505+ combo. a halfstack worht having is out of your budget so i'd stick with a combo for now.