I just put on fresh Daddario .10/.46's on my guitar (Fernandes MG-80x)
http://www.watanabe-mi.com/images/product_images/l/43511.jpg

and my low E is buzzing like crazy, all the time, even when I play it open. I've completely loosened it up, made sure it was positioned properly in its saddle slot and the nut...not really sure what's causing it. Bought the guitar a month or so ago and the low E then never made one buzz.
Not sure what you mean, there are only small screws at the back of the tuning pegs.
Quote by Feudalism
Not sure what you mean, there are only small screws at the back of the tuning pegs.

Try adjusting the bridge height. If you went to a higher gauge string it could also affect the truss rod adjustment. Find a happy medium.

PS look up some videos on Youtube about adjusting the truss rod, if it looks too complex, do not do it. It can seriously stuff up you guitar if you tighten it too much. Beware.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Last edited by Megadeth09 at Nov 15, 2011,
Quote by Megadeth09
Try adjusting the bridge height. If you went to a higher gauge string it could also affect the truss rod adjustment. Find a happy medium.

PS look up some videos on Youtube about adjusting the truss rod, if it looks too complex, do not do it. It can seriously stuff up you guitar if you tighten it too much. Beware.

I've played around with the height on both ends, still the same buzzing.

Not sure even how to access that on my guitar lol
I did take off all the strings before putting the new ones on because the fretboard needed a thorough cleaning. I've read that can be a bad thing to do...=/
Quote by Feudalism
I did take off all the strings before putting the new ones on because the fretboard needed a thorough cleaning. I've read that can be a bad thing to do...=/

It's not a bad thing, I do it all the time to get access to the entire fretboard and guitar body. However I do have to readjust everything afterwards. Have you raised the bridge? I learned how to adjust the truss rod myself from watching videos on Youtube, it's an invaluable skill. It basically adjusts the 'bow' in the neck of the guitar so you can have it slightly caved in toward the middle(eliminating or minimizing buzz). Did you put on thicker gauge strings this time around?
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
Raise the action.
If it's still messed up, take it to a tech because your neck has too much relief.
Taking all the strings off when restringing wont do anything to you guitar unless you have a floating trem.
Leaving them off for a long time will, but just to change strings won't harm anything.
I'm not too sure if they're thicker as I didn't know what the previous owner had on. all I know is I just put on those Daddario's. I'm pretty noob when it comes to this stuff and I've moved the bridge piece slightly (with those big thumbscrew things) but I don't know what is good/bad or how much...
May have figured it out, but still confused. I'm tuning it half step down so the low E will be a D# right? well it buzzes like crazy when tuned that low but when I tighten the string up and higher it, the buzzing goes away completely.
If you can't get the buzz away by raising the action, you need to adjust the truss rod.
Since it's everywhere and not just open and a few lower frets, it's safe to say it's not the nut.
If you're not comfortable doing it, don't risk it and take it to a guitar tech.
You can ruin your neck if you're not sure about what you're doing.
Having it set up professionally is always a good idea.
Anyone else have any ideas or experience with this issue?

Again, I just put a fresh set of Daddario .10/.46 strings on my MG-80X http://www.watanabe-mi.com/images/product_images/l/43511.jpg and my low E string is buzzing a lot, both open picked and fretted. It's in the saddle and nut correctly, i've tried playing with the tune-o-matic bridge height, no different. As a note, this never happened at ALL before I changed the strings. I'm not sure what gauge the other ones were because the previous owner but them on, not me.
Last edited by Feudalism at Nov 16, 2011,