Poll: What's your take?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's your take?
I don't care for Raves or Ravers
41 39%
I dress like this.
11 10%
It looks pretty bad, but I can ignore it if I'm having a good time.
32 30%
I agree, shit looks horrific.
22 21%
Voters: 106.
Page 1 of 3
Does anyone agree that this is a facet of modern, event-based fashion, that we could easily go without?

Disclaimer: I do not wish to discriminate upon anybody that enjoys raving. It's your personal choice. Although I do find those events somewhat questionable, that is my personal opinion. I'm more interested in discussing the topic of their clothing.

Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
Waitwaitwait.

Are you talking about the clothes or the girls?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I quite like raves. That said, I'm not really paying attention to what anyone is wearing at raves - i am almost always smashed. Everyone else is smashed, or on drugs. Nobody cares, it's all just for fun. Whatever floats their boat dude.
As long as the clothes are skimpy and they are hot, I don't mind.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by doomded
Waitwaitwait.

Are you talking about the clothes or the girls?

Clothing.

Occasionally though, you will see someone and think 'Good god.'
Yes, it's me. I indirectly am seeking validation from my peers through these kinds of posts, because I am extremely insecure. I made that necklace myself! U RIKE?
Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Clothing.

Occasionally though, you will see someone and think 'Good god.'

Oh. I thought you were talking about the girls. I was about to reach through the internet and smack you.

OT: They can get over the top, but most people don't take it that far.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Yes, it's me. I indirectly am seeking validation from my peers through these kinds of posts, because I am extremely insecure. I made that necklace myself! U RIKE?

There there bro
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by Tanglewoodguit

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yeah, here where I live (Kona, Hawaii), we definitely get the butt-end of troggy girls going to raves. Not many good-looking rave girls here. I do understand that this is a local problem, however.
Raves are fucking gay as shit and going to one is unbrosmanlike conduct. End of story.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Someone tell me about raves. I've never been to one. Is it because I live in Canada? Or is it a small town thing? It seems to be an American thing as far as I can tell. How do they work and what happens? Why are they called raves?
Quote by darkstar2466
Raves are fucking gay as shit and going to one is unbrosmanlike conduct. End of story.

This, faggots.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Someone tell me about raves. I've never been to one. Is it because I live in Canada? Or is it a small town thing? It seems to be an American thing as far as I can tell. How do they work and what happens? Why are they called raves?

I'd say it's a huge gathering with DJs, intense lighting, glowsticks, a lot of kids and blaring electro/techno/dubstep music, in a nutshell. Some people have died from drug overdoses mixed with lack of hydration, and the sheer heat of all the dancing. A lot of people like to take Ecstacy at those events.
Quote by Extra Ordinary

A bunch of people get together in a warehouse with really big speakers and thumping techno and take ex and/or get drunk and dance until they can't anymore. Its a lot like other clubs, but the techno attracts a lot of glowstick-waving e-tards, and people end up making "cuddle piles" in the corners.

Edit: What ^he said too.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Last edited by doomded at Nov 15, 2011,
Quote by doomded
A bunch of people get together in a warehouse with really big speakers and thumping techno and take ex and/or get drunk and dance until they can't anymore. Its a lot like other clubs, but the techno attracts a lot of glowstick-waving e-tards, and people end up making "cuddle piles" in the corners.

'cuddle piles' sounds disturbing, man. Never heard of those.
Quote by darkstar2466

This makes me want to go to one even more.
I'm sure the ravers think exactly the same every time they see or hear "bro", and I'd be more inclined to agree with them.
I don't necessarily hate ravers (my ex was one), but I do hate raving as a whole. That shit needs to die down.
Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
'cuddle piles' sounds disturbing, man. Never heard of those.

Its just a bunch of people sitting/laying on the floor/each other and rubbing people. Its a side effect of the ex. Touching and being touched is just astounding.
Quote by Butt Rayge

I find women in general to be pretty disgusting.

Quote by UntilISleep
This, faggots.

Where else am I supposed to find under aged boys willing to shove glowsticks up my ass?

WHERE FAGGOT?
██░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓██
▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█████▒██▓▓
█▓▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓██▒▒▒██▓▓
██▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓▒▓▒██
▓█▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓░▒▒▓▓██
▓▓▓▒██▓▓▓▓▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓
Last edited by /PurpleWhalez/ at Nov 15, 2011,
Quote by Tanglewoodguit

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by behind_you

You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by Extra Ordinary

Yep, I dated a girl years ago in Hamilton that was a raver, until I found out she was banging everyone she met at these things, and I realized that she stopped bathing. Its a party with torturous music ( noise?). Where people take E and grope eachother.
Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Where else am I supposed to find under aged boys willing to shove glowsticks up my ass?

WHERE?

WALMART.

Seriously.
Quote by /PurpleWhalez/

WHERE FAGGOT?

Craigslist.
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Raving sounds a lot like clubbing.
Or are they the same thing?

Clubbing is more like spray on tans and jaeger shots
Quote by Extra Ordinary
Raving sounds a lot like clubbing.
Or are they the same thing?

Google-image-search 'clubbing' and then 'raves'.
I went to a rave once. It was the worst. I mean, I guess I could understand if you were one of the club kids in the 80s... but these days...
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Never been to a rave; never plan on going to a rave.
Check out my band Disturbed
They have pokemon. I'd start a conversation with them.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Page 1 of 3