This is a thread where anyone can post a cool, new or interesting way to make an accessory that can be made by the everyday person/guitarist (e.g how to make a strap lock, guitar stand, strap etc). You can also post ways to enhance a accessory. Pictures would be handy but aren't compulsory.

Please keep it sensible and no spamming.

Guitar Wall Hanger

All you need is some dry wall screw anchors, a plank of wood however big you want, some tool hangers, screws, paint(optional) and a drill or screwdriver.

Step 1: You need to cut the wood to size. The bigger the more guitars you'll be able to fit on)

Step 2: Screw the wall hangers into the plank of wood.

Step 3: using the dry wall anchors attach the wood to the wall

This is really easy to make and is really cool.
Last edited by imaginedbufalo at Nov 15, 2011,
once i used a large screw as a strap lock and a leather belt as a strap on a guitar my freind needed a working gig guitar in like 30 minutes and i just used wha i had around
that guitar strap belt thing still works after like a year

ive also madea few picks out of bone peices i have left after making nuts,saddles etc its worked adn i thouht they were cool

and at my freinds house the guitars are hanging frmo the walls with pve pipe i covered with padding and cut and screwed to the wall
You can make guitar picks out of CD's just use a real guitar pick to trace out onto the front of a CD then use scissors to cut out the shape and a little sand paper to smooth the edges. The plastic film peels right off so you can end up with Black, Clear Blue, and Clear picks at roughly around 1mm thickness. Also for some reason they seem to have a little more grip than real guitar picks.
Quote by imaginedbufalo
This is a thread where anyone can post a cool, new or interesting way to make an accessory that can be made by the everyday person/guitarist (e.g how to make a strap lock, guitar stand, strap etc). You can also post ways to enhance a accessory. Pictures would be handy but aren't compulsory.

Please keep it sensible and no spamming.

Guitar Wall Hanger

All you need is some dry wall screw thingys, a plank of wood however big you want, some tool hangers, screws, paint(optional) and a drill or screwdriver.

Step 1: You need to cut the wood to size. The bigger the more guitars you'll be able to fit on)

Step 2: Screw the wall hangers into the plank of wood.

Step 3: using the dry wall thingys attach the wood to the wall

This is really easy to make and is really cool.

Pictures would be greatly appreciated. When you're using words like "thingys", your instructions become vague and hard to follow.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212