Alright, so eating pasta is ****ing delicious.

I'm looking for some pasta recipes to try that are also extremely delicious because I like extremely delicious food.

Got any?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Blue cheese and brocolli, possibly with some walnuts/pine kernels.
Helps to add some creme fraesche (can't remember the spelling).
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Basil Pesto with chicken/steak/shrimp/whatever

You will need:

Pesto (pre-made, unless you have a burr mixer and all the other ingredients for it)
Mushrooms
Tomato
Cream based sauce
Cooking wine
Parm/romano cheese
Canola oil
Whatever meats you want to add
Basil
Farfalle pasta

Cook the canola oil until the stretch marks appear, then cook your meat about 2/3 of the way through. Add your veggies, stir for a while and toss together. Add about an ounce of the cooking wine, 3 ounces of cream and 3 of pesto, sprinkle in cheese as well. Maybe eyeball it in case those proportions are off. Once the sauce starts to fisheye, add your pasta, and toss for 10-15 seconds.

Serve, sprinkle a bit more cheese, and enjoy.
fry off sliced bacon, add sliced mushrooms, deglaze with white wine, add cream, season, sauce is done.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
http://ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

There should be some here.

Along with a bunch of other shit that'll make you fat as fuck.
██░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓██
▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒████████▓▓
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓█████▒██▓▓
█▓▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓██▒▒▒██▓▓
██▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓▒▓▒██
▓█▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░▒█▓░▒▒▓▓██
▓▓▓▒██▓▓▓▓▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓
Courgette, tomatoes, black olives, lentils, mushrooms and chilli (not too much chilli mind) all fried up in a dabble of oil. Add spaghetti and stir up with lots of pesto and some tomato purée. Sorted. Also good cold, so you could cook in bulk. Can be brilliant lunch box food.

EDIT: Add in lentils with the pasta actually. Easier and better.

Also, HAVE PEPPER. And spinach too. Add these two. They're fucking wonderful and I don't know how I forgot them. Pepper is wonderful to help add in some crunch.

Heat up black olives and kidney beans (if you look, a can and a jar of each could cost you 50p, and that's more than enough). Heating up the olives can help get the brine off them if you buy them in brine. (Which you should do, darn cheaper.) Have pasta tubes. For a sauce, use cheap passata and purée in somewhat equal amounts for a nice consistency. Spice with cinnamon, turmeric and chilli powder.
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 15, 2011,
All of these recipes sounds absolutely extremely delicious.

Quote by blake1221
Basil Pesto with chicken/steak/shrimp/whatever

You will need:

Pesto (pre-made, unless you have a burr mixer and all the other ingredients for it)
Mushrooms
Tomato
Cream based sauce
Cooking wine
Parm/romano cheese
Canola oil
Whatever meats you want to add
Basil
Farfalle pasta

Cook the canola oil until the stretch marks appear, then cook your meat about 2/3 of the way through. Add your veggies, stir for a while and toss together. Add about an ounce of the cooking wine, 3 ounces of cream and 3 of pesto, sprinkle in cheese as well. Maybe eyeball it in case those proportions are off. Once the sauce starts to fisheye, add your pasta, and toss for 10-15 seconds.

Serve, sprinkle a bit more cheese, and enjoy.

Blake, you're gonna make me cream. That sounds awesome.
I'm so hungry for pasta. I love pasta.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Oh, I'm actually vegan. I buy green pesto without the cheese which is marketed towards vegans. Even though I used to absolutely adore cheese, I actually prefer it. Even if I went back to being veggie and was given the option, I'd choose the vegan green pesto. I actually think it's nicer. If you find any, try nabbing some.
One from the website I posted a few posts up.

Last edited by /PurpleWhalez/ at Nov 15, 2011,
Quote by devourke
Macabroni and Cheese brah

This. add bacon or ham and it tastes awesome.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I had this for dinner a few times last week: whole wheat pasta with sliced turkey sausages, grilled tomatoes, peppers and spinach in a balsamic vinaigrette.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Get this:

And put on penne or fusili (or any noodle of your choice). Not exactly a dish per se, but that's the best pasta sauce you'll ever have. Specifically the vodka sauce.
MATTERHORN
**** it, can we have a food thread? I could even write up a recipe for my red wine bean and potato stew with vegetable cous cous. It's the fanciest meal I've ever invented and is pretty damn nifty.
Right, you guys might be able to help me with this: Mum used to do all kinds of weird stuff to make plain tomato passata taste nice. But I don't have her home-made spice-paste thing, so whenever I make basic pasta+passata, the sauce has that kinda bitter taste.

How do I cut that bitterness? Dad recommended frying in onions, but that adds hassle.

*student living*

@Craig: So you finally went all the way, eh? I think I remember when you decided to try out vegetarianism for a while.
I found a vegan one for craigo :3

D'aww, cheers Whalez.
Quote by gabcd86
Right, you guys might be able to help me with this: Mum used to do all kinds of weird stuff to make plain tomato passata taste nice. But I don't have her home-made spice-paste thing, so whenever I make basic pasta+passata, the sauce has that kinda bitter taste.

How do I cut that bitterness? Dad recommended frying in onions, but that adds hassle.

*student living*

@Craig: So you finally went all the way, eh? I think I remember when you decided to try out vegetarianism for a while.

I don't know where that 'bitterness' comes from. That's odd.

I'd recommend using oregano and cinnamon. Cinnamon is surprisingly handy for lots of things, including curries. If you get the proportions right, cinnamon, tumeric and chilli can be pretty cool. But oregano too. I forgot to mention oregano in my second recipe.

You really can't go wrong with a little cinnamon, chilli powder and oregano though. For probably £2 you could get some chilli powder, oregano and cinnamon and that'd do the job and last you for ages. (Just stick with supermarket brands.) Chilli powder gives a nice extra bite.

Oregano is brilliant with any heated cheeses too. Add a sprinkle onto pizza for example.

And aye, been vegan for over a year.

EDIT: If you're ever really feel the financial bite, basics passata, kidney beans and pasta (with whatever spices you wanna get away with) is ridiculously fucking cheap. We're talking around 30p a meal.

EDIT again: Cheap pasta can also be given more taste and a better consistency when you literally make a sauce using both that and tomato purée. It's a cheaper way of getting a good, cheap pasta sauce.
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 15, 2011,
Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
One from the website I posted a few posts up.

(Invalid img)

My ****ing god, that looks delish. I might have to make that, looks easy enough that a retard like me could do it.
Mushrooms, olive oil, garlic, and thyme. Best ever.
I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful. ~Author Unknown
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
6 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 pound fettuccini pasta
1/2 onion, diced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccini

It was my first true dinner I attempted. IT WAS ****ING DELICIOUS
Quote by Sammythedruggie
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
6 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 pound fettuccini pasta
1/2 onion, diced
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cloves garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion, 2 cloves garlic, and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccini

It was my first true dinner I attempted. IT WAS ****ING DELICIOUS

Holy ****ing shit that sounds amazing
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
No matter what you do, you can't go wrong with olive oil, parmesan cheese and green pesto.

I don't really follow recipes when I cook as I usually just mix whatever seems like a good idea at the moment, but my last pasta was something like this;

Chop up chicken breast, marinate with salt, pepper, chili and garlic, then fry
Spaghetti, mix in green pesto when done
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
Some salad with tomatoes and olives and feta cheese and whatever

And it was delicious.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Last edited by Zeropathic at Nov 22, 2011,
Shrimp scampi, nigga. Get the pre-cooked shrimp, so you don't have to worry if you **** it up. Sautee that in a frying pan with some peppers, onions, a little garlic, a little butter or olive oil, use a low heat so you have time to do the rest of it. Boil yo noodlez until they're al dente or however you like them, then toss them in with the shrimp and shit and sautee the whole thing. The noodles will theoretically develop a sort of brown scald where they're touching the pan, which means they're ready to go. Stir that shit up with a little lemon juice, if you feel like it, melt some cheese on top of it with some basil, whatever. BAM. Easy shrimp scampi. It's surprisingly hard to get wrong.
Boil chicken breasts for 40 minutes, boil noodles of your chose for 15, I recomend those tube penne ragoti or w/e, then throw the noods in a glass pan, idk, 15x8 or some shit, then pour alfredo all over those noodles, then throw in the chicken breast, cover it all in mozzarella cheese, bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Eat the **** outta it.

Add Parmesan or crispy biscuit pieces for breading if it feels right.

Edit:

here's something my friends and I do.

LACHOS

cook lasagna noodles for 10 minutes, cut up into squares, fill bowl with pasta sauce, dip noodles in sauce as you like, like nachos.
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 22, 2011,
You guys are in for a treat.
1. Boil pasta in a pan.
2. Boil sauce in a different pan.
Mix.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
You guys are in for a treat.
1. Boil pasta in a pan.
2. Boil sauce in a different pan.
Mix.

That's as far as my cooking skills go.
My own

Spag Ragu Meatballs

-boil some spaghetti
-cut a white onion and a clove of garlic
-put into simmering pan
-turn down heat after a minute so doesnt burn
-thow in beef balls made from min 20% fat content beef
-prepare ragu sauce-tinned tomatos beef stock, red wine, tomato paste and carrot
-throw sauce on the meatballs
-finish the spaghetti with a bit butter and mascarpone
-throw on fresh oregano and basil

Trough it down!

Tescos Own (equally amazing)

Mozzarella pancetta and chicken ravioli
buy an arribatta sauce
throw some herbs garlic and onion
throw in jalapenos
enjoy
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Nov 22, 2011,
-pasta shells
-sauce: tomatoes, basil, thyme, and ricotta
-sliced italian sausage

it's simple, easy, and tastes pretty good.
I like to use a tomato sauce where I add ginger, basil, parsley flakes, chili powder, Mrs. Dash, and squeeze the juice out of a couple of orange slices. Makes for some pretty tasty farfalle.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
So, proper cheese sauce, which is actually easier than most people think, and tastes so much better.

Melt butter and add chopped onion into a pan, cook until transluscent. Add a spoon of flour, mix well, keep over heat, but mix so that it doesn't stick, this is to cook the flour. Add milk. A splash at first, it will go all hard, just keep mixing, it's all in the wrist action (tee hee hee). Add milk a little at a time, add more milk when the milk has been cooked through. When you get a velvety textured sauce (a roux), add cheese of your choice, to your amounts etc, make sure cheese is melted, and bam, you have a REAL cheese sauce. Add to Pasta. Or add stuff to the cheese sauce, vegetables, meat, whatever you want really.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
My simple budget pasta is:
Leek with canned tuna and creme fraiche
Oh and if you want some parmezan cheese.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
There's pasta carbanara or something like that. It has like salmon in it and cream and stuff in it.

But tikka massala sauce and pasta is delicious