I mostly want to play rock like from AC/DC, to Led Zep, Guns N' Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, RHCP etc . But some times I also play postharcore/metalcore songs like Saosin, TDWP, Chiodos those kinda stuff.

Im leaning more on rock than hardcore.

So far my choices are Epiphone G-400, Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400, Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I might also consider a Gibson SG Special if I can save a few more (which I dont think will happen).

So guys what guitar and amp do you suggest for me? Oh btw my budget is around $500 for the guitar and $200 for the amp
Used ESP LTD EC1000 Deluxe. Easily in the price range. Who cares if its used. Most people take care of their guitars. That guitar is more than you will need.
You're not going to get a sound anything like those bands with that amp budget mate. As for your guitars, you can't go wrong with any of those. They have quite similar sounds.

And yeah take a glance at the used market too if you can.
West Ham United
be patient, wait a little bit longer for a cheap Gibson. just scour CL for one and even put up a WTB post. i had some money to burn a month or so ago so i posted on CL "WTB your Gibson today, $600 in hand" or something to that regards, i got a dozen or so responses, granted a lot of them were idiots or people trying to get you to go higher, but i found a mint Gibson Gothic V w/OHSC and all of the case candy and for $550. it a awesome guitar.

there are good deals everyday on CL, just be patient and be ready to jump if the right thing pops up for the right price. and sometimes good deals just fall into your lap.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i really am considering saving a bid more. what are good cheaper gibson guitars??
but the thing is i dont have an electric guitar right now so i cant really practice till i get one, will it really be worth the wait? (like 3-6 more months)
Quote by porkplan
i really am considering saving a bid more. what are good cheaper gibson guitars??
but the thing is i dont have an electric guitar right now so i cant really practice till i get one, will it really be worth the wait? (like 3-6 more months)

any of the 'faded' gibsons are the cheaper ones, (think $700-$800 new) around $400-500 used if you are patient. the finish is a natural wood so you do feel the grain in the wood and they aren't glossy. i have one and it is one of my favorite and most played guitars even though i have several more expensive guitars.

if i didn't have cash at the time for me, i would have willingly waited. however, you not having an electric may be a deal breaker as such.

if i was in your situation, this is what i would do

buy a Squier from CL dont pay more than $120 or so, play that and keep it in good shape until you are close to having enough cash for the Gibson, then sell the Squier. you wont lose any money on it and you should be able to sell it for what you got it for, and shouldn't be too hard/slow to sell.

this way you get to have an electric in the meantime and get the one you want once you have saved up.

and also even the cheaper squiers aren't terrible guitars, they are better than nothing and will get you a head start on electric for the gibby. i would not get a squier bullet though, i would go for the affinity model.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Even with a cheaper Gibson you would want to upgrade eventually anyway. I reckon you should get a guitar in your price range now and upgrade in a year or so.
West Ham United
what kind of cheaper Gibson models do you suggest that would sound nice with my choice of music? will it it be better than an Epi Les Paul standard?
Probably not a whole world better. A great cheap Gibson is the 60s Tribute but it has P90s which I'm guessing are not to your liking.
West Ham United
I'm gonna go ahead and be 'that guy': you should allocate more money towards your amp than your guitar. Your amp will get you closer to the genres you want to play than your guitar. You could get a nice guitar and all, but it won't matter if you don't have a good amp, a big part of your tone comes from it.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by cxrlxscr
I'm gonna go ahead and be 'that guy': you should allocate more money towards your amp than your guitar. Your amp will get you closer to the genres you want to play than your guitar. You could get a nice guitar and all, but it won't matter if you don't have a good amp, a big part of your tone comes from it.

Yeah, but when I was there, with my starter guitar and amp, I first spent big bucks on a guitar rather than an amp. It wasn't a problem if (at first) it didn't sound all that great, but a good guitar is lovely to play. So at that point: playability>tone