i have filled one room with gear and am into another room now, and i want delay on this rig in addition to the amp's beautiful reverb. so hook the 616 in find an appropriate power adapter and hook it up, it doesn't work. i checked and it had more than enough power without being way over the top, IIRC it was a 450mA or something, the pedal doesn't really need more than 200 from my research. i tried a bunch of other adapters i had in a bin, and none of them would work.

i check malekko's site and they recommend always keeping a battery hooked up in there even if being powered. so i put a battery in. this pedal has been powered by the BBE supercharger for its whole life with out a battery, so its literally the first battery.

battery only: works fine
any adapter that was appropriate (checked carefully, to make sure that it wasn't an AC adapter, ratings,etc): doesn't work
battery plus adapter, lights up for 15 seconds and fades out until its drained.

i checked inside and there wasn't any fried components or anything, everything looked normal.

whats wrong?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Good question... No chance you left it plugged into an outlet and it got hit with a power surge? I'm stumped. I hope this doesn't happen consistently with their effects, considering I just got one a few weeks ago...
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Have you tried plugging an adapter into the battery +/- with an adapter?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Quinlan
Good question... No chance you left it plugged into an outlet and it got hit with a power surge? I'm stumped. I hope this doesn't happen consistently with their effects, considering I just got one a few weeks ago...

no chance. there hasn't been any bad weather, but i am positive because i have two big ass APC surge protectors/power conditioners withbattery backup.

and two days when i messed around with it for a second it worked here and there but it doesn't do that any more.

it isn't the amp/cables/there are no other effects/power adapters/guitar or anything like that, i checked everything out. also i am more the type not to move things around too often, typically i get my ideal settings on an amp within the first month or so tweaking it every few days, i dont really move pedals around either. i am kind of anal about it.

Have you tried plugging an adapter into the battery +/- with an adapter?

i could try that i have one adapter that has 9V battery snaps on it. but i have no idea where it is, i didn't see it in my most recent search for adapters, there is a potential it got involved in a trade, as i didn't care for it due to terrible noise issues, and do so much buying/selling/trading that sometimes i forget i have a guitar that has been tucked away for a while, or i am not sure if i traded/sold it or kept it.

i have an adapter to burn essentially, and a ton of battery snaps, so i could solder it on real quick. that will probably be tomorrow.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
gotta bump this. its really a pain in the rear and dont want to keep eating 9V's, they are expensive... lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Have you tried emailing Malekko? They ought to know what's wrong with it... Although, I have heard in one case they denied there being anything wrong with the pedal and then not replacing it...
Quote by Quinlan
Have you tried emailing Malekko? They ought to know what's wrong with it... Although, I have heard in one case they denied there being anything wrong with the pedal and then not replacing it...

haven't yet, just put it up here first. i bought it used so i really don't think they would warranty anything on it. hopefully somebody has an idea.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
They might not warranty it but they still might be able to tell you whats wrong then maybe you can fix it.
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
bump for the last time, after this i will call up malekko if nobody has any solutions.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Got a schematic?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Did plugging the power supply into the battery +/- make a difference?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
What power supply do you use? I know OneSpot makes an adapter for pedals that only take 9V batteries... You could try that for a simpler fix maybe.
here is interesting, so today i just pull the battery out (which still had a charge) and just put the plug in the power, same adapter, no battery, works great.

so why in the hell wasn't it working like that before? it was the 100% identical everything.

this deserves a waldo.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by SGRocker400
possibly a loose solder joint on the power jack? it would explain why its now working; probably fell into just the right position

i am not saying that its not a possibility, but i looked around it pretty closely. i dont know. i guess i will have to shake it and see what happens. i need it to be dependable. if i shake it a bit i would imagine that if there were a problem that it would point it out at some point.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!