Im debating between buying the Blackstar HT-20 Combo or Peavey 6505+ 112 combo.Which would you choose and why? Im mainly into hard rock and metal and im sure both amps will do but great but what i want to know is which will amp will give me the best metal sounds at bedroom playing levels? Im heading towards the peavey since its the same price and 40 watts more so if i decide to join a band down the line ill be fine even though im sure you can play with 20 also. Thanks.
Peavey.

Blackstar is poop in a box.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Go with the 6505+. Just more meat in that amp. Blackstars are fine, but you really cannot go wrong with a 6505 for metal.
the peavey will handle metal much better without the need of a pedal. but the cleans on the blackstar are better.
ive spent the whole night comparing and reading vs threads online im deff going witht the peavey bang for buck it aint buying a better amp for metal. Might not be fender cleans but good enough for me. i played one in the store it seemed decent at low level for metal but ive never tried a ht20.
i was also looking for overdrive just from the amp without a pedal. so i think the peavey would be more suitable for me.
Despite what people think, the 6505 can actually get nice rock tones.

/controversy
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Despite what people think, the 6505 can actually get nice rock tones.

/controversy

Yeah, it can. Here's a magical thought: Turn the pre-gain down! Shocker!

or use the crunch on the clean channel.. But whatever.

The Blackstar isn't bad, but it'll depend what kind of metal you're after. The Peavey is infinitely better, though IMO.