Hey guys, here it is my newest cover. I know that my tone is not the best one again, and there are plenty of small mistakes, but hope you like it anyway.

Comments in youtube would be appreciated more.

C4C! Like, subscribe and anything like that if you like this. Thanks!
Hey, sorry it took me awhile for a C4C, classes have kept me busy.

Also posted on your YouTube:

Thanks for checking out my cover.

The tone sounds a little harsh and fizzy. It could use some post-EQing, cutting out some of the high freqs so the mids would be more prevalent (like in most metalcore songs). The playing itself is pretty good and tight, and i like the dual guitar harmonies.

I listened to the original song. So here are just a few things (a little nitpicking since i like to be thorough):

1. The harmonic in the beginning needs a wider vibrato.
2. There were some dead/muffled notes here and there
3. Some parts were SLIGHTLY, out of tempo. Not really too noticeable unless you really look for it.

I do like how you were really into the song (on the right side of your vid), really gives you a presence and boosts entertainment value in addition to your playing.

Keep at it!
^Hey, thanks again for your helpful comment man. I appreciate it.
Hey Guy! Cheers for the crit!

Had a listen there, Solid playing except for one or two moments (but I know you could nail them, I cave in under pressure when uploading youtube vids too :P). Just practice the song a couple more times and you'll have it brother!

Regarding your tone, I'm guessing you're going straight in from a multifx pedal?
Never really has the best results, you should try micing your amp if you can. Or alternatively keep using your pedal, but just use it's clean tone.

Add overdrive using an Amp Sim (Amplitube have a free edition now!)
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/features/

If the pedal is your only option, you could probably make it a little better. Reduce the gain a small bit and it won't be so fizzy, There's also alot of boom coming through, so cut some of the lows out.

All in all, great job man! Keep 'em coming!
Quote by shmeegle
Hey Guy! Cheers for the crit!

Had a listen there, Solid playing except for one or two moments (but I know you could nail them, I cave in under pressure when uploading youtube vids too :P). Just practice the song a couple more times and you'll have it brother!

Regarding your tone, I'm guessing you're going straight in from a multifx pedal?
Never really has the best results, you should try micing your amp if you can. Or alternatively keep using your pedal, but just use it's clean tone.

Add overdrive using an Amp Sim (Amplitube have a free edition now!)
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/features/

If the pedal is your only option, you could probably make it a little better. Reduce the gain a small bit and it won't be so fizzy, There's also alot of boom coming through, so cut some of the lows out.

All in all, great job man! Keep 'em coming!

Hey man, thank you so much for your awesome comment! It seems you are really familiar with the whole recording process, haha, you describe everything as it is in fact, haha. I do become very nervous while I am recording my video and that is really annoying.

And yes, I am recording through my Korg AX3G processor, plugged directly into my computer. It is definitely not the best, but it is the only thing I have. So ,you suggest trying to record through mic? Hm, maybe I should try this.

As for the amplitube, I tried to record with Guitar Rig 3 and the result wasn't very delightful, but many people suggest me trying amplitube I think I will try it, if you say so. I will follow your advice, because it seems you know how to make a good sound quality.

And thanks again man, your comment could be really helpful!
I'm not that familiar with it! But I'm quite familiar with using a crap FX pedal to record with :L
I used to use my Zoom 707... The sound from it is awful. But I used it in some recordings and it had some positive results after A LOT of tweaking.

I used to plug straight into my PC too. It works, but you don't get a very clean signal. If you have money to spend, you should buy an Interface.

Something like this will prove useful if you want to mic up your amp, or maybe record some vocals (you never know when you might go down that road).
http://www.thomann.de/ie/maudio_fast_track_pro.htm

Even plugging your guitar direct into this will get you better tone than you have now.
If you want to record just guitars you should look at some of the line6 stuff.
http://www.thomann.de/ie/line6_pod_studio_ux2.htm

As far as I know you can run a Mic through the UX2 also. So get a Shure SM58 and one of those and you're all set.

Hope this was helpful

EDIT: Fixed.
Last edited by shmeegle at Dec 1, 2011,
Oh, you are definitely helpful!

Thank you so much again!