hi,i have big hand and fingers and recently i was playing with my friend's cort evl k4that it's frets and neck were very small and i had some problems fretting with my left hand, but now i've bought an ibanez rg2550z and it's neck is very comfortable for me the neck and frets are bigger and i have very very good feel when playing

now i'm just curious are there any shredding guitars that have more comfortable neck than ibanez rg prestige necks for big hands and fingers?

i was thinking about buying an esp mii or musicman jp6 later but now i'm thinking about their neck dimention maybe mii's thin neck or jp's necks don't be as comfortable as the ibanez rg's neck,
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Quote by james.hetfield
hi,i have big hand and fingers and recently i was playing with my friend's cort evl k4that it's frets and neck were very small and i had some problems fretting with my left hand, but now i've bought an ibanez rg2550z and it's neck is very comfortable for me the neck and frets are bigger and i have very very good feel when playing

now i'm just curious are there any shredding guitars that have more comfortable neck than ibanez rg prestige necks for big hands and fingers?

i was thinking about buying an esp mii or musicman jp6 later but now i'm thinking about their neck dimention maybe mii's thin neck or jp's necks don't be as comfortable as the ibanez rg's neck,

Any of Vai's Ibanezes has quite large necks. You should try one of those.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
PRS has a wide-thin neck profile in a choice few of their guitars that you could look into. Also, the Taylor solid body electrics have a nearly identical one to that. They could be worth a try.

Not many people talk about them, but the Taylor Solid and Semi-hollows are fantastic guitars.

Also, bear in mind that you don't need a "shredding guitar" to shred. It will be much, much easier for you to learn and shred on a guitar that you feel comfortable with than one that you think is a pure-breed shredder. Yngwie shreds on a scalloped fretboard, you know how hard that is? Alex Lifeson does it on a Gibson 335. The list can go on.

Find a guitar that's comfortable. Sound can be changed much more easily from there.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Nov 16, 2011,