So I'm playing Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant on my acoustic guitar.

I'm thinking I'll use my slide during the introduction but after that the song is entirely barre chords, which are pretty troublesome to play when using a slide.
So, how can you use a slide for just PART of a song...?
Quote by BurstAlive
So I'm playing Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant on my acoustic guitar.

I'm thinking I'll use my slide during the introduction but after that the song is entirely barre chords, which are pretty troublesome to play when using a slide.

Take it off and put it on your amp or in your pocket
Or take it off and chuck it somewhere, the metal ones are pretty robust
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by BurstAlive

If you don't need the slide for the rest of the song, after the intro just tilt your hand down and let it fall off. That's an option if you need to get to barre chords quickly, and again, only if you don't need it for the rest of the song!

If there's a bar or so between the end of the intro and the first chord, then you can put it on on your amp, just be sure to stand close enough to it for easy access, then you can take to the stage!