I know this belongs on the musician forums but I've noticed that the chances of me getting help may be much higher in the pit since there are many more people viewing it. I actually do have thread of the same name in the musician's area. Mod's, please don't lock this, you could never know if you find something very helpful towards your guitar playing in this thread (assuming you are a guitarist since this is a guitar based website)

this is what my other thread said:

I've been playing the guitar for four years now but I've yet to really learn how to create my own solo. I sadly live in a very metal guitarist deprived area, so I was never really able to find much of help. Yes, there's the internet and things already made out, but I rather speak to people through like a forum like this. I also have very limited access to the internet and I can not always be on it to look up guitar things. I'm asking for help to create death metal and heavy metal solo's, perhaps a very informative and helpful site? A video I may download? Anything of the sort as long as it may help tremendously. I thank you in advance.

ಠ_ಠ
umm. learn scales. learn chord progressions. play parts of those scales in the key of the progression.
iron FUCKING maiden!!!
alternate pick chromatic scales, legato harmonic minor scales, sweep minor arpeggios, tap diminished 7th arpeggios, and whammy abuse until all your strings break. no notes other than the whammied notes should be held for more than the duration of a 16th note, and melody of any kind is expressly forbidden, less you incur the wrath of Pat O'Brien. play with as much distortion as possible, plenty of delay, reverb, and chorus, and (if desired) abuse your wah pedal heavily. for bonus points, name your solo, something like "Festering Corpserot." hope that helps.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by stefanomire
I know this belongs on the musician forums but I've noticed that the chances of me getting help may be much higher in the pit since there are many more people viewing it.

That is indeed true, but if people here wanted to read about this kind of stuff they'd probably go to the correct subforum. Chances are you won't get much help and chances are your thread might just be locked. As for your question, play a ton of other peoples solos (I really mean a whole bunch) and try to get a feel for how it's done.
REGGIE
Randomly put your fingers on frets.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I really think immersing yourself into the music will help being able to play it.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by theogonia777
alternate pick chromatic scales, legato harmonic minor scales, sweep minor arpeggios, tap diminished 7th arpeggios, and whammy abuse until all your strings break. no notes other than the whammied notes should be held for more than the duration of a 16th note, and melody of any kind is expressly forbidden, less you incur the wrath of Pat O'Brien. play with as much distortion as possible, plenty of delay, reverb, and chorus, and (if desired) abuse your wah pedal heavily. for bonus points, name your solo, something like "Festering Corpserot." hope that helps.

Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by theogonia777

Don't forget the Flanger and Phaser and Rotary!
Have your drummer shove a drum stick up your ass when it comes time to solo. Keep playing during the process. Should be good.
You know those frets on the B, G, and high E string above the 12th fret. Well all you to do is play them randomly as fast as you possibly can.

Oh, and don't forget to turn your treble and gain all the way up.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by stefanomire
I know this belongs on the musician forums but I've noticed that the chances of me getting help may be much higher in the pit since there are many more people viewing it. I actually do have thread of the same name in the musician's area. Mod's, please don't lock this, you could never know if you find something very helpful towards your guitar playing in this thread (assuming you are a guitarist since this is a guitar based website)

this is what my other thread said:

I've been playing the guitar for four years now but I've yet to really learn how to create my own solo. I sadly live in a very metal guitarist deprived area, so I was never really able to find much of help. Yes, there's the internet and things already made out, but I rather speak to people through like a forum like this. I also have very limited access to the internet and I can not always be on it to look up guitar things. I'm asking for help to create death metal and heavy metal solo's, perhaps a very informative and helpful site? A video I may download? Anything of the sort as long as it may help tremendously. I thank you in advance.

don't care lol.

O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o