Right ok first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section but ehh whatever

Anyway yea so for my music technology coursework I have to create Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue (yayy.....) in the style of 1950's Rock n Roll, and I was just wondering how you guys would go about doing this?

I'm inputting it via MIDI into garage band also
Strip it down to the basic chords
Figure out the tempo you want to play it at.

Give yourself a blues beat in whatever key it's in, watch for the changes and try to keep up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
watch for the changes and try to keep up.

Back To The Future?
Last edited by mdc at Nov 16, 2011,
Quote by Nathy137
Right ok first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section but ehh whatever

Anyway yea so for my music technology coursework I have to create Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue (yayy.....) in the style of 1950's Rock n Roll, and I was just wondering how you guys would go about doing this?

I'm inputting it via MIDI into garage band also

Learn the song.

listen to some 50's rock n roll.

Take note of, and then utilize the recognizable attributes of 50's rock n roll in your version of the Kylie Minogue song.

Things like the drum beat, the guitar riff, the instruments used.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Nov 16, 2011,
There is a group called "The Baseballs" that do exactly this for many contemporary songs. Somem of their versions are more enjoyable than the originals. Thier version of Rihanna's Umbrella for example is pretty nice.

http://forpiano.com/FILEX/C/81ke8f2y89/kylie_minogue--cant_get_you_out_of_my_head.pdf

I think you could probably strip the song back further than to the basic chords you could probably stirp it back to the melody and reharmonize it with some simple rock n roll chords. A strong rock n roll beat is going to help you get the right feel. Some vocal harmonies would be pretty useful in establishing the right feel also.

You could probably even get away with some small alterations to the melody if necessary to bring a fresh new approach to the song. I just don't know how tru you have to be to the original song.

Just have a lot of fun with what you're doing and experiment. Don't let this assignment stress you out at all is should push you to think differently about the song.
Si