so, i got the chance of getting one of these bad boys for £275 (possibly sub £250 if the right noises are made on my behalf)

picture:

and the text in the advert states
Gretsch pro jet electric guitar for sale, about 8 months old. fine scratch on the neck but otherwise in good condition - £275

i noticed on GAK these are going for £424 with an original RRP of closer to £520

is this a good deal for £275>

noting that it does say "fine scratch on the neck" will that be a major issue????????
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Between £250 & £275 is the usual selling price on eBay (I know, I sold one about 6 months ago), so you should probably try talking him down a bit, but they're good guitars & worth the money.

The scratch on the neck shouldn't be an issue so long as it is just a scratch, but that could be a good way of getting the price down to around £240ish? I'd recommend getting him to email you a close up pic of the scratch before making a definite decision. A scratch is OK, if the neck is actually cracked you need to walk away.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Between £250 & £275 is the usual selling price on eBay (I know, I sold one about 6 months ago), so you should probably try talking him down a bit, but they're good guitars & worth the money.

The scratch on the neck shouldn't be an issue so long as it is just a scratch, but that could be a good way of getting the price down to around £240ish? I'd recommend getting him to email you a close up pic of the scratch before making a definite decision. A scratch is OK, if the neck is actually cracked you need to walk away.

oh yeh agreed with the walk away, did email and ask for a pic, nothing yet.

also i asked if the 275 included a case (in the ad and pic none was mentioned so of course not) and as expected, he said no, which is another bartering tactic i use as in to say "it needs a case" so knock price off that way. i guess using both 'prongs' as no case and normal ebay price, £200 might be a bit of a shout for an offer?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Try it, but I doubt he'll accept £200. The price I see them going for on eBay doesn't include a case, so you'd be extremely lucky if he accepted that. It's a good place to start though, so long as you both meet somewhere in between I'd say you're both getting a fair deal.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud