Hey guys! I've tried searching forum for previous threads on the matter, but I couldn't come up with anything recent at all, and was hoping to get some advice.

I'm looking for a delay pedal with some form of tap delay (either strumming or internal/external footswitch) and I can't decide on the right one. I'm hoping for a budget of $80 or under Used, but I am willing to go to $100 if I have to. I play lead hard rock/metal with a PRS Cu24 through a Splawn Pro Stock ( )

I've looked into the Boss DD7, as well as the TC Flashback and a few others. Are there more out there, and is there one that simply takes the cake?

Thanks for all your help in advance.
i'd suggest the TC Electronic Nova Repeater, it's f****ng great!
It has tap delay, different kinds of note lenghts (If you call it that) and different kinds of delay types.
"Everybody must get stoned!" - Bob Dylan

Not sure what your budget is... my favorite is the Boomerang Chorus*Delay... extremely transparent... does not make your tone muddy, washed out or fake sounding. It's also about $400.
Digitech DL-8 is a rather good/versatile pedal so is the digidelay, both have tap tempo too.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Thanks for all of the responses! There seems to be a lot of high quality delays out there, but unfortunately I just want a simple tap delay pedal and not go all out for the best one in the market just yet.

Quote by Mybleedinglung8
Digitech DL-8 is a rather good/versatile pedal so is the digidelay, both have tap tempo too.

The Dl-8 sounds like a good choice with my budget. Thanks!

Quote by Chuckles1234
You can probably find a used Boss DD-3 for under $100

I've actually found em for $50 + Shipping/tax, but it doesn't have a tap delay which I really want to have. Thanks though!
My favorite delay pedal is the EHX Memory Boy (I prefer analog over digital). The one I have doesn't have tap tempo, but the Memory Boy Deluxe does...I think that one is about $180 though. Definitely worth the investment because you can use it for chorus/vibrato effects as well.
I like playing my guitar in various outdoor settings, especially mountains.

True analog FTW
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
For that range I'd go for the DD-20, Stereo Memory Man w/Hazarai, or a Nova Repeater/Delay
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
In that price range and with tap tempo I ALWAYS recommend the TC Nova Repeater.
RIP Gooze

cats
For that price range, look for a Boss DD-5. It has an input for an external tap-tempo control (Which works much better than the ones where you have to hold it down, IMO.), and it really does sound great. I've heard some guys call it the best sounding Boss digital delay (Haven't tried them all out personally).
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
In that price range, I'd usually go for the Hardwire Delay/Looper or the TC Electronic Flashback Delay, but I think both are rather out of your price range.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Strymon Timeline. Played with one of them last week, absolutely amazing pedal, but holy SHIT I don't want to pay $700 for it.
^That's why you buy the El Cap
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Chuckles1234
You can probably find a used Boss DD-3 for under $100

Best bet in your price range me thinks.
DD-3, DD-5 or DD-7.

I have a DD-7. Works dandy.

Also have a TC Electronics Nova Delay, but at $250 New (or $150 off craigslist like mine was), its out of your price range. But worth it IMO.

Or if you want to go ULTRA CHEAP....
Danelectro FAB Echo. Around $15.
$3 for parts to mod it.

I used to mod those for a music store.
Pedal Cost : $15; Mod Fee : $25.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Nov 17, 2011,
just one thing to point out as far as the splawn goes, you almost need a loop volume (if yours isn't built in) to use the effects loop at all to get good tone at lower volume levels. for some reason you plug something into the effects loop it gets really really tinny and sounds terrible with it activated, which totally sucks, but by 9 o'clock on the volume it goes away. that is damn loud. get a "suck knob" thing or use a volume pedal to put in the loop with the pedal. unless you want to be rattling walls all of the time, you need the loop volume, especially with a Splawn. with the loop volume, set the amp's volume to 10 o'clock or so and use the knob in the effects loop to control the volume from the amp. i own both a ProMod and a Nitro and both of them do that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/