http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiCFY2zsfc&feature=topvideos_music

Anyone interested in seeing this? What are your opinions of thatcher? Was she right to bomb the belgrano? Essential let Bobby Sands die in jail, wipe out the traditional industries and trade unions etc?

I think regardless of her policy mistakes (which were massive, she had more balls than anyone will probably ever have as a UK leader.
Quote by Kumanji
I don't think she made 'mistakes', she represented her class perfectly.

Unfortunately a country has more than one class lovey
I haven't been alive long enough to think anything vehemently against her, but if she were in place of Cameron right now, I'd probably be more pissed off than I am.
i cant say i agree with much that she did, but you are very right she had MEGA BIG BALLS, she was a leader not a vote chaser like this weak lot we have now.
She stood by what she thought was right and what she believed in, thats something to admire in anyone
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I haven't been alive long enough to think anything vehemently against her, but if she were in place of Cameron right now, I'd probably be more pissed off than I am.

to be fair to her, we are barely surviving as a developed nation. we wouldnt be a developed nation if she hadnt modernised the uk in the 80s. we would be a million times more uncompetitive.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
to be fair to her, we are barely surviving as a developed nation. we wouldnt be a developed nation if she hadnt modernised the uk in the 80s. we would be a million times more uncompetitive.

Barely surviving as a developed nation? You really think that if Thatcher hadn't unleashed the financial sector, smashed the trade unions and thrown millions of people onto the dole pile, you think we'd be some kind of third-world nation?

What a titanic false dichotomy.
Probably won't, it's just not my type of film. Not a huge fan of dull (imo) political-historical dramas such as this and The Queen etc.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Can someone post some unbiased information on this woman, that I can use to argue against my dad who loves this woman. From the mostly biased sources (read: Pro thatcher) I have come to the realisation she was actually a disaster, but I have no solid facts to base this on. Plus my dad loves her, and he keeps telling me Im stupid because she made the UK great again, the miners deserved it, unions were strangling the country under the Labour Govt, but he refuses to acknowledge the fact that she was a disaster.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Will I watch it? yes.

Do I have a reserved bottle of scotch for the day her and Reagan are dead? yes.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Nov 16, 2011,
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Will I watch it? yes.

Do I have a reserved bottle of scotch for the day her and Reagan die? yes.

Reagan died in 2004.

Drink a whole bottle for every year he has been dead.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Reagan died in 2004.

Drink a whole bottle for every year he has been dead.

Grammar lapse, fixed accordingly.

When the Conservative devils of the 80s are gone, the bottle gets opened.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS