I'm sure no one in the pit cares, but does anyone know if theres a website equivalent to UG for piano, or if there's like an equivalent to tabs for piano (I don't know sheet music) I'm trying to learn on my own without paying for lessons.
I hate my sig
Piano tabs? They have those?
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by T.s.e
You might as well learn sheet music, piano tabs are pretty worthless.

I've been putting that off for years.... know of any sites that can teach sheet music?
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
saw that coming

That's what she said. And you'll have to work off sheet music or by ear as far as I can tell.
Learning sheet music is important but if you're looking for a quick way to learn songs with out knowing how to read them you can always check out youtube tutorials like this one. Most have a slowed down section and different colors to represent each hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcfltpiAAg
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
Look up synthesia on youtube and tutorials for the songs you want to learn, that's about the best way to self teach without sheets
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
In music lessons I learnt the mnemonic "every good boy deserves fudge", which is the notes that each line on a treble stave means, EGBDF.

A quick google (which you could have done yourself, tbh) has lead to this, which may be helpful. Good luck!

http://readsheetmusic.info/readingmusic.shtml

Bottom to top the blank spaces on the treble clef is "FACE", which is another useful mnemonic. Or alternatively, just remember the notes that make up an Fmaj7 chord.
kind of ironic how everyone is telling him to learn sheet music from a website best known for its tabs.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Just so you know, Ultimate Sheet Music does exist.

I'm not clicking it. I'm seriously curious but I just know it doesn't.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I'm not clicking it. I'm seriously curious but I just know it doesn't.

Okay And it does.

Quote by fassw8614
kind of ironic how everyone is telling him to learn sheet music from a website best known for its tabs.

Not everyone, he's already been given a good site. One that I myself use to learn theory.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 16, 2011,
Quote by QuantumMechanix
I've been putting that off for years...

So you would rather learn an tabulature equivalence for piano. I'm going to agree with everyone else in the thread, just learn sheet music.
Piano music is ridiculously easy to read because of how the piano is laid out. Just learn it. It won't take long.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...