Hey guys. My friend gave me this old wah pedal a long time ago and it never worked but I thought why not take it maybe I can do something with it. Well that time has come. I want to make a volume pedal out of it but I don't really know where to start. Heres some pictures

I know that a volume pedal is basically just input jack to pot to output jack I think. But there's so much other stuff in here that I don't know whats going where and what to take out and leave. So any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
well you can basically remover anything thats not the pot and the on/off button and wire it straight through like that and youd get a volume pedal

actually im not sure abut this design but i know on most wahs theres like one capacitor(ressitor?) that makes it go wah and withouth it it will function like a volume pedal if you can find that one component and bypass it it will be essentially a volume pedal

....now that i think of it dont do ^ it doenst work so thta work to end up probaaly not having a working pedal anyway isnt worth it
^ i took everything out of a crybaby bass wah except the pot and jacks, wired the jacks to each end of the pot and boom... volume pedal.

a volume pedal is(or can be) exactly the same as the volume control on your guitar so all you need is a pot and some wire
Alright thanks guys. Also I wont need a power source for this right? And does anyone have a schematic for where the wires go out from the jacks and to the pot?
Gear
Guitars-
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
Quote by ultimate-rocker
Alright thanks guys. Also I wont need a power source for this right? And does anyone have a schematic for where the wires go out from the jacks and to the pot?

i dont have a schematic because the wiring is so simple i didnt need one(i know practically nothing about wiring btw)

there should be 3 connections on the pot, 1 needs the ground wire, the other 2 need the in and out hot.

they should each be labeled SW(i think),CW(clockwise), and CCW(counter-clockwise)

i would just plug everything up with an amp with the pedal unwired and then touch the hot wires to 2 of the connections at the same time until you get the right connection
ok so after doing a little more digging around in the pedal I found that the input jacks are connected to a board and the out puts look like this

Which then runs to this

and here is how the pot is wired...

So im not sure how to connect everything because its all connected theres just something in the way stopping the signal...
Gear
Guitars-
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
Should I just cut everything out, buy a pot and two jacks and start over?
Gear
Guitars-
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5