So this question is only for curiosity at the moment. I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony 2011 which I love but one thing I notice about it is it has a very "soft" gloss coat (in other words it scratches very easily). So I was wondering if sometime in the distant future I decide to sell it and it's really scratched up I was wondering what it usually costs to have a guitar Re-Glossed. And if it's worth it, do people buying guitars really care if they're scratched or does that give it more value to them?
Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony
Epiphone SG G-400
Schecter C-1 Blackjack Diamond Series
Fender CD140SCE
Peavey ValveKing 112
first of all... it will drop the resale value if there is ANY damage done to the paint, not the gloss.

In reality if the paint isn't touched and a pro who knows his shit about recoating, it will raise the value.

If you ever regloss...

GET A PRO, the last thing you want is some amateur touching the paint
???
Quote by solidrane
first of all... it will drop the resale value if there is ANY damage done to the paint, not the gloss.

In reality if the paint isn't touched and a pro who knows his shit about recoating, it will raise the value.

If you ever regloss...

GET A PRO, the last thing you want is some amateur touching the paint

Nowhere close to paint. Just some of your average top gloss rub scratches that's all. They aren't noticeable at all unless you hold it near your face and move around in the light.
Gibson Les Paul Standard Ebony
Epiphone SG G-400
Schecter C-1 Blackjack Diamond Series
Fender CD140SCE
Peavey ValveKing 112