Oi Guys,
i have been thinking about this lately.
what is in your experience a more effective method of practicing and why?
Edit: I am talking about 7+ hours of practice per day with a pretty well rounded practice routine.

a) practicing the same things everyday or
b) practicing those same things but on different days ?
- if you have any scientific reasearch, please share it -

I do a) because i need to make things a habit in order to stick to them no matter what,
but lately i stumbled upon some Tom Hess articles that say such practice schedules are actually detrimental to your progress. (not gonna trust him completely, since his website seems to be full of made up statistics, but he planted that mental seed that keeps bothering me day after day)
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Nov 16, 2011,
Both. Extremes of either won't do as much good. You should try to do indepth work on something for a period of time every day, but also mix it up by practicing different techniques each day. Just don't flip subjects a lot, and try to get 2 or 3 techniques down well before you move on to something new. Furthermore, practice older stuff from time to time.

However, while it's good to mix it up, don't be completely random. Practice what you feel you need to work on most, rather than seeing it as an obligation where you MUST do it all in the same order, every day.

Sorry if that came out as a string of incoherent gibberish: I need to go to bed...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I get bored easily so I usually stick to about 2 or 3 things to practice and I rotate depending on how I feel that day. Since I'm usually also working on 3songs to cover, I don't practice that one technique or whatever it may be for hours apron hours, and I'm in school so that wouldn't work out very well.
I suggest you mix it up but keep it in the same range, if you practice what you're interested in you won't be bored
IM GONNA ***CHANGE*** THE WORLD
Thanks for the replies, boredom is however not an issue, im mainly talking about effectiveness!
e.g what would let one make faster and more solid progress ?
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.