I got some Ernie Ball Regular bass slinkys and my sound has gone from a tone i like to a really booming defined tone! witch is not to my taste. I want to know the strings that come stock with my bass? what gauge? what type? Any Info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Josh
My guess is that if it was new from Fender, it came with Fender strings, probably medium gauge.
Quote by anarkee
My guess is that if it was new from Fender, it came with Fender strings, probably medium gauge.

Yea I guess, from what I can find there is 95 100 & 105 sets. May be its cause there a different metal or different style...
Get yourself a nice set of flats and a red tort pickguard, that seems to be your real problem.
modes are a social construct
Quote by Hail
Get yourself a nice set of flats and a red tort pickguard, that seems to be your real problem.

Cool, I like slinky strings that i can dig into and get an aggressive sound? and my bass is red so it wouldn't look cool
check fender's web page, and search for your bass... it says what are the stock strings in there. and, for example, my Squier bass packs 0.45 "super bass" even though i don't know what kind of string is a super bass...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2