A quick question about wilkinson trems: can they be over-tightened to sit flat like a hardtail, much like a strat bridge with 5 springs?

I am looking at a used Carvin and im not sure i want to deal with a non-locking floating trem, and want the option of just locking it down.

Thanks!
Anxiously Anticipating An Attractive ADA-MP1 Addition!
Yes. It;s not back routed or anything so there is really no reason why you couldn't lock it down.

Or you could keep it floating and just use a Tremol-no. Those things are worth their weight in gold.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
i had a Wilkenson Trem on a guitar that i gave to my fiancee last christmas. i locked it down no problem. at the time she had played for a year and wasn't really playing anything that needed a trem.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/