Page 3 of 29
i'll take a stab, i'm pretty sure its totally wrong but i'll try anyways.

Bmmaj7 (#5)

it may also be voiced as an F, so Fsus4 (6)/B thats another guess.

Tell me if making two guesses is against the rules, i didn't see anything permitting it so i went ahead.
And I can play guitar like a mother****in riot.
Last edited by radioheadfreak at Nov 19, 2004,
thats what i was wondering lol, i'm very confused

within the extent of my knowledge of chord theory the Bb doesn't seem to fit, that or the D.
Last edited by radioheadfreak at Nov 19, 2004,
Originally posted by realsystem
you're close, but how can it be minor and major?

its BmMaj7b5, a min/maj7 chord isnt both major and minor, it is a minor chord with a natural 7 (maj7).
ya its a flat fifth i was thinking E, n/m, but i had ot otherwise, beats turn
YES!! the return of the greatest thread ever.

come on, beat, let's do it. i wanna dominate!
Looking for my India/Django.
Great, my favourite ever thread reborn, but when I look at it there's never any challenges posted. Bugger. Hurry up, red.
The above user has physical deformities, which make any crude, sarcastic or offensive comments actually the fault of the threadstarter. Honest.
JmP's Evil Picnic (you know you want to...)
hmmmmmmmmmm.....

e---------------2-6/10/11\10-
B-----------1-3--------------
G---------3------------------
D-----0-1--------------------
A---1------------------------
E-2--------------------------

red
Is that what chord or scale or what? Please specify. Otherwise we don't know what to work out.
The above user has physical deformities, which make any crude, sarcastic or offensive comments actually the fault of the threadstarter. Honest.
hmmm...

F#   A#   C    D   Eb  

well its not in any kind of major mode... just for future posters.

i had A# but that CONFOUNDED F# WONT GO AWAY!!!

also, if it wasnt for that F#, it could be in the key of Eb.

hmmm... A# with a minor 6th is all that i can pick up. or Eb with a minor third...

the key for figuring out scales is to figure out the key note (hahaha yes i am the pun-master)

so NOT in a major key
Last edited by rhcpcure2826 at Nov 20, 2004,
I'm going for EbmM7(13). The Eb Aeolian modal scale.
Originally posted by Punkarse
Is that what chord or scale or what? Please specify. Otherwise we don't know what to work out.
it's an arpeggio based straight off of a chord.

you guys are thinking too complicated. think simple. it's a chord built straight up in the order of strengths.

the root is D. GO!

red
If the root is D then your degrees are 1, 3, #5, b7, b9 which makes this a D7 (#5 9). Right?
Last edit: D7b9b5(addb6)

I'm not sure if you can add a b6, maybe it works.

D7augb9 works, so does D7#5b9 (which is the same thing as D7augb9). So, go leo_p8.
Last edited by The_Strat_Man at Nov 20, 2004,
yes.... ahem.... there's a simpler name for all that..... what do we call a dominant chord which has alterations? and alt chord! yes.

Dalt is the name. please, people, remember to keep it simple. all this **** with crazy adds in parentheses, etc.... just wont be seen in the music world.

leo, you be up.

red
Alright, in keaping it simple like Red, it's another arpeggiated chord, it's part of the intro to one of my songs:

|-------------------------19--|-----------------7--|
|-------------------17-19-----|-------------5-7----|
|-------------14-16-----------|---------2-4--------|
|-------16-17-----------------|-----4-5------------|
|----14-----------------------|---2----------------|
|-15--------------------------|-3------------------|
Gmaj13?
"why you trying to make fun of me?? You think it's funny? what the **** you think its doing to me"

-Korn-
Your right Red, you just wait though...

Clouds are Grey, your up.
okay dokey

e-------------------8---
B------------------------
G---------------10------
D------------11---------
A----6-10---------------
E--6---------------------

looking for the chord here..
"why you trying to make fun of me?? You think it's funny? what the **** you think its doing to me"

-Korn-
Its a D# 6 9

1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 9th
D#, G , A#, C , F

Right???
not what i had in mind but i believe that works too

-Korn-
|-8p5------------------|
|-----6----------------|
|-------7--------------|
|---------8-6----------|
|-------------7--------|
|---------------6-5----|
C13(#5)?
well..... since it contains seven different notes, it could be seven different chords, really.

but i guess C13+ works.
Mm. Yeah. C13+ would be the best way to write it.
someone really has to do something here!!

-Korn-
^^Exactly. That's why I haven't posted already. As Raindog said there are several diffrerent chords he could want. The one I picked is only the one which seemed most likely to me.

This thread doesn't work if we just assume we're right. This needs to be confirmed.
^but doesn't that make this thread more of a guessing competition?
Need.New.Sig.
Originally posted by slash_620
^but doesn't that make this thread more of a guessing competition?
Ha, no. The most common and easiest spelling is the one which should be taken, but sometimes (not often) there is more than one equally acceptable spelling, and the question poser might want the other one. It's polite to wait for confirmation to avoid a mix up.
i dont think it is C13 #5, where does the F (4th) fit into that?? As there are 7 notes i think in leos absence i shall assume he wanted the scale and declare quinny the winner.
^^wouldn't the 4th fit in as the 11th, making it a technically correct 13 chord?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
no a 13 chord is 1 3 5 6 b7, the 11 is an optional note but you would never see a player voice a 13 chord that included the 11, IMO.
i always thought that it was acceptable to put in the 9th and 11th in a 13 chord... i mean, you wouldn't want to, cos it'd probably sound godawful, but i thought it was theoretically correct...
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.