I can't afford the Vypyr 60 with Sanpera II, however I can afford the Vypyr 75 with Sanpera. I know the 75 is SS, and the 60 is hybrid. My budget is $400 - $450. I'm seeing some 75's going for $200 - $250. Sanpera, no prob.

I'd like to play at bedroom levels, but I'd like to get loud enough to jam with some mates, drummer included.

The Sanpera is enticing, and it pleases me to see Guitar World review the 75. I can't play either of these amps, but based on reviews, I have no doubt it will be able to handle my needs.

Hard Rock/Metal mainly. I'd like something versatile enough to at least impersonate the blues.

Thank you all.
mmm, i'd get the vypyr 60 since it's tube... and that makes all the difference...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Vypyr 60.

Save up and get the Sanpera later.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
If you go used i've seen Vypyr 60 tube combo's go for around $300, more than low enough for you to pick one up with the Sanpera I footswitch.
How much should I expect to pay for one of the Vypyr 60's used? New?

*UPDATE* I just blew my budget out of the water.

Just scored a near mint Vypyr 60 with Sanpera II for $550 shipped.

Ok deal? Way overpaid? Give it to me straight.
Last edited by DBz Hertz at Nov 16, 2011,
Depends on the condition. You probably saved about $100 honestly. If it functions well (which it should) you got it for a reasonable price.
Quote by DBz Hertz
How much should I expect to pay for one of the Vypyr 60's used? New?

*UPDATE* I just blew my budget out of the water.

Just scored a near mint Vypyr 60 with Sanpera II for $550 shipped.

Ok deal? Way overpaid? Give it to me straight.

You saved like 100 dollars I believe

Probably could have saved a bit more, but you still got a deal
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Congrats that's a pretty good price
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by DBz Hertz
SWEEEEET!

Great amp, great setup.

Enjoy
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I got to get myself a Sanpera II board, they didn't have the $150 rebate or whatever when I got my amp :*(
You overpayed. I got my Tube 120 head and Sanpera II for $460 shipped, and that's because I'm an ebay fiend. The Tube 60 combo and Sapnera II should only have costed around $450-500 or so.

Regardless of that though, I can guarantee you that the amp is totally worth the money, even new. This amp is incredible. I love it, way more than my 5150 even.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You overpayed. I got my Tube 120 head and Sanpera II for $460 shipped, and that's because I'm an ebay fiend. The Tube 60 combo and Sapnera II should only have costed around $450-500 or so.

Regardless of that though, I can guarantee you that the amp is totally worth the money, even new. This amp is incredible. I love it, way more than my 5150 even.

He still got cheaper than new.

And you would still need a cab for your head.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
He still got cheaper than new.

And you would still need a cab for your head.

Yeah, but it's all about perspective. Used is used, to a lot of people. For instance, if he ever wanted to sell it, it'd be next to impossible to make a profit or even break even at that price.

Needing a cab has nothing to do with what the amp is worth/what it goes for. And I got my cab for $120. Because I'm also a Craigs List fiend.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Amp's are built to last so unless hes planning on selling that guy 10 years down the road or just goes to town on the amp it then it should still sell for like 70% of what he just paid no?

True the tubes and speaker would probably have to be replaced, but that's standard maintenance.