Hi Ive been playing guitar for around 7 months now i will admit i have improved greatly. Now i would like to update my amp. As of right now I have an old Fender Princeton 112 plus which has a pretty good clean but the overdrive is just terrible. Anyways Im looking for a solid Tube amp that will work good with pedals. (I also have no clue about how pedals work with solid-states and tubes. Is there a differnce?) I have a price range of 300-400. The amps i were looking at were the fender pro junior but i was worried about not having enough gain. I really like the sound of those black stars and i just skimmed through a page of a Blackheart. What would you recommend. Im looking for a unique sound but if u were to ask it would be grungy, alternative, but i also want an amp that can handle blues and classic rock. Thanks
Willing to go used?

Where are you located?

What pedals do you have?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Same as above^^^

Blackstar low ends models have had some mixed reviews it seems to be either you hate it or love it, personally I would suggest getting a vyper tube 60 or maybe a traynor YCV40WR.

Most of the amp's I'm suggesting are pretty loud and at the upper limit of bedroom jamming and can be used for small gigs, so if you live in an apartment you might want smaller.

The Vyper Tube 60 is a 1x12 hybrid amp it uses a digital head for tones(all of which are pretty good) but is driven by tubes. It handles pedals well enough but you really don't need any because it has a whack ton of different models and effects built into it that can give you hours and hours worth of fun. I do suggest a noise gate if you play metal and like your gain cranked though. (I own one)

TheTraynor YCV40WR is a 1x12 all tube amp that's reminiscent of a marshall amp in terms of tone and quality but at pretty much half the cost, it handles pedals excellently and is good for any kind of rock or cleans on it's own. This guy may be out of your price range from a store unless you can find one used, but it's a solid amp all the way around. I suggest and EQ and medal/OD petal to go with this guy if you want more metal tones. (the 2 other guitarists in my band both use traynors and they are pretty sweet rigs)

If your looking at something smaller
I would suggest a Roland Micro Cube RX which is a beastly little amp for bed-room practice, it's a 4x4 (yes 4 speakers) and is a digital amp. It sounds great for how much you are paying (about $100) and is a pretty good all-rounder.
Yes Chicago and none as of now i plan on getting a big muff wah pedal and some others
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt

+1 to all of those. the peavey classic 30 is pretty impressive for the price, although that one is priced on the higher side.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
this may or may not work, get confirmation prior to asking.

maybe an Egnater Tweaker head (i know it fills your budget) but use your existing amp as a cab for it, and at a later point in time, get a different cab.

it is lower wattage, gets pretty loud, it is only single channel, so that may be a turnoff, with the low wattage it doesn't have a ton of headroom (clean volume before power tubes distort), but the good thing is it is the most flexible amp that has an all tube signal path.

that is kind of a left fielder though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The 80 Watt traynor is pretty sick to I have one sitting behind me, I found that it was more of a blues-light rock but it's definitely a beast... Bringing up that amp reminds me though that I have 5 other amps sitting there as well, but that's cause my band is to lazy to bring there stuff home ><

Hey Tzing I'll sell you that Traynor YCV80Q for $200! Just don't tell my other guitarist :P
I can vouch for the Peavey Classic. It's pretty freakin' awesome considering how much it costs.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X