So today I was briefly reunited with my first electric guitar which I sold 4 years ago. I went to the local store to buy a few things. I turn around and see this Epiphone Les Paul Special looking back at me:

My first thoughts are "Wow that looks like my first guitar". I pick it up and recognize a pattern of scratches and dings in the finish and realize, it IS my first guitar!

Whoever owned it after me had installed some INF pickups and a switch for coil tapping. I plug it into a Rectoverb and man it sounded about a million times better than I remembered it. Even though it had some distinctive markings I remember, it also had a LOT of new ones, so it was obviously getting used a lot these past 4 years.

Part of me really, really wanted to buy it back. But I thought about it. If I had never let go of it, it would still be collecting dust while I'm enjoying my PRS's. Someone else took it around the block, made it sound great, and used the hell out of it. It had a good life after me and should continue to do so.

Anyone else have any stories about being reunited with a guitar, or other instrument?
Last edited by Ghostmaker at Nov 16, 2011,
I've never let go of an instrument, so there's no question of reunions for me.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
d'aww

my first guitar is collecting dust in my attic somewhere, but I will never get rid of it. I'm pretty sure the neck is warped as well
Last edited by guitarage at Nov 16, 2011,
I'm selling my bass to my guitar teacher to sell at his shop so I can buy a new guitar. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again if no one buys it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I sold my first Jackson to a local shop a few years ago because they told me the trem system on it was boned (truth was they had no idea how to use a trem system) and that the repairs would cost more than the guitar was worth. They offered me more than I paid for it, so I went for it.

I think they mistook it for a higher end model which is why they paid me so much for it.

Anyway, a few months or so later they offered to sell it back to me for $100 bucks cash (business was bad for them at the time) and although I really wanted to (that guitar played smooth as butter) I didn't have the money.

Few weeks later they went bankrupt and closed down.

Never saw that guitar again
i regret getting rid of my first guitar and amp. nothing special but still wish i had them.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I traded my first electric guitar, an Epiphone LP 100, a few months ago for some stuff and its still sitting there in the store. I've always considered buying it back, mostly because they've marked it down quite a bit to where I'd practically be evening out how much they gave me for it. It was hard to let it go :/
Quote by jetfuel495
I sold my first Jackson to a local shop a few years ago because they told me the trem system on it was boned (truth was they had no idea how to use a trem system) and that the repairs would cost more than the guitar was worth. They offered me more than I paid for it, so I went for it.

I think they mistook it for a higher end model which is why they paid me so much for it.

Anyway, a few months or so later they offered to sell it back to me for $100 bucks cash (business was bad for them at the time) and although I really wanted to (that guitar played smooth as butter) I didn't have the money.

Few weeks later they went bankrupt and closed down.

Never saw that guitar again

This wasn't Daddy's Junky Music, was it? They closed down recently, and none of their employees seemed to know what they were talking about, especially about trem systems. At least at the one near my house.
op you make it sound like a baby you put for adoption
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL