So Pit,

Tonight I took some melatonin for the first time to try to sleep regularly for once. This was about 3 hours ago now, and I've been lying down since then (until now) and been unable to sleep.

Why? The damn dreaming. I read that it can cause vivid dreams, but I figured it would just be cool or trippy or something. My mind was working so much, that I actually could not sleep.

So now, I ask of your experiences with vivid dreaming, or if you've ever taken melatonin to help your sleep cycle and experienced the same thing. I admit that I do feel more tired than usual, so it is at least having its intended effect.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I get the same thing. Sometimes I'll smoke weed before taking the melatonin and going to bed, and although I don't remember the dreams, I'll still wake up in a cold sweat at some point at night. Not sure what you can do about it.
This type of thing happens to me all the time. I will lay down physically ready for sleep, but my mind keeps taking my thoughts and spinning off into a variety of different directions. It can be so frustrating sometimes because no matter how hard I try I can't control where my mind wanders.
After a while it becomes the only way you can dream.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.