I'd let 'em keep their faith.
72 21%
I Wouldn't Influence them Either Way
122 36%
I'd put my dick right in my own butt
52 16%
Voters: 335.
Page 1 of 9
I mean they go from living forever to... dying. Sure there's the freedom of knowing you control your own destiny/God isn't watching you masturbate, but it's kinda hard coping with all that logic at once.

So if you were the deciding factor of someone either believing, or being a stone cold athiest, what would you do?
No. If you're happy and you're not hurting anyone else. Whatever.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
It depends if their faith has tangible benefits for them or if the extent of their religious beliefs is just as a set of doctrine and beliefs that they merely accept as true. If it were the former I wouldn't try to intervene, but in the latter scenario I might offer my perspective.
why, life will do that.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
No, i'm not a self-righteous asshole.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Depends what mood I was in at the time. If I was in a good mood, I would let this guy be with his Faith as long as he did what I would view as "good" according to me in general. If I was in a bad mood, I would leave him a lifeless shell of a man forced to cope with the futility of our brutal existence.

TBH, most of the time it would be the latter.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
i have always been a person who hates it when people try to force their beliefs on me, and im not a hypocrite, so i would just let them believe what they want.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Yeah, of course. I used to be a Christian, the truth is so much better than fairy stories.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Noooo, that's ignorant.

Thats ignorant. Thats ignoraaaant.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by smb
Yeah, of course. I used to be a Christian, the truth is so much better than fairy stories.

it is?
I'm not the most devout Catholic, but I don't force it on anyone, and I rarely talk religion.

I wouldn't want anyone trying to convince me there is no God or vise versa.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by deadkenedy
No. If you're happy and you're not hurting anyone else. Whatever.

What if you're happy but you are directly and/or indirectly hurting many others or denying them rights by process of politics because of your faith? What then?
Quote by ssjmitch
i have always been a person who hates it when people try to force their beliefs on me, and im not a hypocrite, so i would just let them believe what they want.

What if they believe women are inferior beings that should be treated like property. What if they believe that Sharia law is a legitimate way of handling business with human affairs? Or worse...

...what if they believe the ramblings of Ayn Rand?
SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Nov 17, 2011,
Quote by RU Experienced?
It depends if their faith has tangible benefits for them or if the extent of their religious beliefs is just as a set of doctrine and beliefs that they merely accept as true. If it were the former I wouldn't try to intervene, but in the latter scenario I might offer my perspective.

This.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
As an advocate of education, yes. And if they can't handle the truth? Help them learn how to deal and be happy with it. I wouldn't go about it in a shove-it-down-their-throats way though.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by Weaponized
I mean they go from living forever to... dying

No, they always just die, you'd just help them realize it.
Quote by Zaphikh
What if you're happy but you are directly and/or indirectly hurting many others or denying them rights by process of politics because of your faith? What then?

What if they believe women are inferior beings that should be treated like property. What if they believe that Sharia law is a legitimate way of handling business with human affairs? Or worse...

Obviously this isn't all black and white. Besides who says we are right anyway? I don't believe in it, but for all I know there is a God up there, what do I know? Maybe there is a Buddha or God or both or whatever.

Although I'm not religious/spiritual whatever doesn't make it a bad thing. Religious people say some good shit. Religious or not the bible does say stuff that is good - 'treat others like you would want to be treated' can't argue with that. Btw I mention the bible as an example as it's the only one I've read.

Quote by deadkenedy
Obviously this isn't all black and white. Besides who says we are right anyway? I don't believe in it, but for all I know there is a God up there, what do I know? Maybe there is a Buddha or God or both or whatever.

And the invisible, vindictive, glittering elephant too. Don't forget him as well. He and the infinite series of other elephants have reserved eternal punishment for anybody who dares not take them seriously.
Although I'm not religious/spiritual whatever doesn't make it a bad thing.

Treating others as less than human with the conviction that your holy text gives you permission to do so is always a bad thing. End of.
Religious people say some good shit.

That's true for all people.
Religious or not the bible does say stuff that is good

And a plethora of things that are horrible and immoral as well.
'treat others like you would want to be treated' can't argue with that.

Yes you can. That really only works well for people who are good-intentioned and are not seeking altercations or any sort of attention (negative or positive).
Btw I mention the bible as an example as it's the only one I've read.

I'm happy for you. I'm all for reading the Bible. No joke.
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by Mudmen190
No, they always just die, you'd just help them realize it.

Well yeah, but when I die, I'm gonna be like "oh shit, this is the last thing I'll experience goddammit shit fuck" but when they die they'll be like "I hope Grandpa got his legs back, I'll go see him after I see Elvis"
Quote by Jawlytomtom
it is?
Yeah totally. Evolution, the big bang, the birth of the solar system, all fascinating.
Quote by neidnarb11890
ITT: Everyone thinks they know the truth.

You don't need to know the universe in-and-out to see that a person who backs their policies by a holy text in a position of political power/influence can make the lives of many folks in that state/region a living hell.

Then of course, evil people are evil regardless if they're religious or not. It just makes the scenario doubly absurd if they use a holy text as their driving point.
Yes, unless the person was on their deathbed or on the verge of suicide.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by deadkenedy

Although I'm not religious/spiritual whatever doesn't make it a bad thing. Religious people say some good shit. Religious or not the bible does say stuff that is good - 'treat others like you would want to be treated' can't argue with that. Btw I mention the bible as an example as it's the only one I've read.

the bible also advocates hitting children, selling your daughters as sex slaves, rape, pillaging, plundering, murder...
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Zaphikh

Yes you can. That really only works well for people who are good-intentioned and are not seeking altercations or any sort of attention (negative or positive).

No one wants to get treated like shit. As far as generalisations go, it's as good as you'll get.

Quote by Drakathan
the bible also advocates hitting children, selling your daughters as sex slaves, rape, pillaging, plundering, murder...

I didn't say it was ALL good.

Of course. Then they'd thank me for liberating their mind and we'd go for sundaes.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by deadkenedy
No one wants to get treated like shit. As far as generalisations go, it's as good as you'll get.

I didn't say it was ALL good.

I haven't read the entire bible so I couldn't say for certain, but I'm quite sure there is more bad stuff than good stuff in it.
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by deadkenedy
Most folks don't want to get treated like shit.

Fixed.

Regardless, most people already intuitively know this without anybody telling them that. Nobody ever has to tell you that you do not want to be treated badly. It's something that you just comprehend on the most base level of thought.
As far as generalisations go, it's as good as you'll get.

Still don't know why you'd need the Bible to tell you something you already know.
Quote by Drakathan

i like that when the bible is mentioned these accusations are thrown around, but when it's the quran, people bend over backwards to yell about how the passages are taken out of context. white guilt knows no shame.
#DTWD
Ordinarily I'd say no, because what other people believe isn't any of my business.

But my best friend of the past seven years all of a sudden became a reborn Mormon. He totally changed, and now he's in Mormon boot camp or something for the next three years.

I'd like to have things go back to how they were, but that's beyond my control and even if it wasn't I wouldn't have the right to do anything about it.
Quote by primusfan
i like that when the bible is mentioned these accusations are thrown around, but when it's the quran, people bend over backwards to yell about how the passages are taken out of context. white guilt knows no shame.

The Quran is just as (if not more) twisted and immoral.
White guilt my ass. What's to feel guilty about?
Quote by Drakathan
I haven't read the entire bible so I couldn't say for certain, but I'm quite sure there is more bad stuff than good stuff in it.

#DTWD
Quote by primusfan

did i say anything about the quran?

islam and christianity are almost the exact same ****ing thing. that's why it's so ****ing stupid that they fight all the time.
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by Drakathan

I'm quite sure you're 11.

It's all goods guys, I'm quite sure of it.
No. Although sometimes I find very hard to be tolerant of other people's beliefs.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by primusfan

god kills people with no mercy all over the place. i find it humorous that christians claim their god to be so forgiving and loving.
Quote by goest

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by KnightBand
Quote by Drakathan
did i say anything about the quran?

nope. just talking about your kind. i've been on this site for 7 years. i'm more than qualified to say that all of you are exactly the same as one another.

islam and christianity are almost the exact same ****ing thing. that's why it's so ****ing stupid that they fight all the time.

ok. how are they the same?
#DTWD