Hey guys,

I'm thinking of picking up drums again and want a nice acoustic one again, sick of the electronic ones. I was wondering if there was a DIY way to setup a soundproof isolation room in a bedroom for example. Using some sort of foam walling for example.

Any help would be appreciated, just curious
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Are u just trying to deaden the room or compleatly sound proof it from the rest of the house?
Padding the walls, ceiling ect. Will solve the first. The second however is more exstenive and requires u to build a room inside of the room. Fake floor, ceiling, walls with about 6inchs of space between the exsisting wall and the faux wall. Deppending on size could run upwards of 2grand usd.
Ahh, nah just looking to deaden the sound as much as possible

Any way to just buy cuts of thick foam to build a mock room out of?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
i've been pondering this for a long time. my uncle is an architect and he says it's only possible to completely soundproof by, like said above me; putting a room into a room. (yo dawg i heard you like rooms so we put a room in your room...)

Thing is though i want it mainly for the guitar, acoustic drums are a hell of a lot louder.

:popcorn:
I hear lining the walls with egg cartons helps, I've heard of a few drummers around here who do that.
drape a sheet over your kit, it will help deadin the sound quite a bit.

You can also tape some fabric to part of the drum head for some extra help.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate