i am building a new rig for solo gigs and have this old hybrid ampeg with one of the best clean channels i have ever heard. its like just between a JC120 and a Twin Reverb. heavenly accutronics tank and its 70 watts. i am currently runing it totally clean with a good amount of reverb and a little bit of delay, but not too much.

i would like a distortion pedal. i am thinking something along the lines of a Barber Dirty Bomb or maybe a Fulltone GT500 (it would be nice to have the overdrive function too), or maybe a HomeBrew Electronics Doomsday Device Distortion. i haven't ever messed with one as i have always used the OD channel of all of my amps, but have used plenty of OD's.

for the distortion i am thinking something that tears your face off. don't want to pay more than $150 used. i can wait to find a good deal, as i am not in a rush.

now for a delay. i have a Malekko 616 that i love but i need something with tap tempo. i have messed around with a TC Nova Delay and loved it, and it will probably be what i end up with it unless there are better options.

for the delay, tap tempo is a must and i would like to keep that a rough maximum of $200 really hoping lower though.

any suggestions? i dont really keep track of pedals too closely.

to the lazy people who dont read: face melting dist for use over a completely clean amp, and a delay that has tap tempo. hoping for <$150 used on the distortion, <$200 used on the delay
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You could do a Dr. Boogie Dual Resistafier or something for the distortion.

What about a Line 6 DL4 for the delay? If you want to stick to analog you could also check out the EHX Deluxe Memory Boy, which has tap tempo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
TUA is apparently similar to the Dr Boogie, mayaswell go with TUA

If you can get a Memory Lane jr for around $220 used that'd be pretty sweet but no presets. DD20, Timefactor, Nova are all solid choices.
HM-2 and a used el capistan if you can find one
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
thanks everyone i will give everything a look.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by CJ Noble
HM-2 and a used el capistan if you can find one

The HM-2 is pretty much useless if he's not going for the buzzsaw swedish death tone, or early gothenburg mt-2ish tone, owning one myself I can clearly say that.
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
Either the Nova or a Diamond Memory Lane Jr. for sure on delay. I'll be getting one of the two someday.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray