O hai guys, fancy meeting you here.

I was driving home today and thinking about my guitar collection as i've been feeling something's missing. I have a 7 string Ibanez for drop brootz, I have an Ibanez RG with a tremolo for shred wanking, I have a Les Paul Custom for standard tuning but I didn't really have anything in between. I have been looking at an Ibanez RG1451 Prestige for a while as they are very cheap and fixed bridge like I wanted but alas the store didn't have any in stock and aren't getting any more until after Christmas

I was walking out of the store when something caught my eye; a shimmer of beauty among a sea of Ibanez Gios and Squier Strats.

Right away this guitar spoke to me, i'm a sucker for shiny things

I took her off the rack and proceeded to the amp room where I plugged into the new H&K Tube Meister 18 through a Jet City 2x12. Unfortunately I didn't get pics of the amp but it was a beauty! After about 2 mins of dialling in I was churning out thick heavy power chords and searing leads which cut through beautifully and had a nice dark tone without being muddy. I was amazed at how articulate the guitar and especially the amp was. This guitar and amp were a killer combo especially with the Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge. I asked about the price and the Tube Miester 18 head was $900 AUD but he said he'd give it to me for less as i'm a regular so you might see a NAD soon too!

That's right! An LTD MH-1000NT picked up for $1000 AUD

Made in Korea, set neck, Seymour Duncan pups, string thru body, ESP locking tuners, beautiful maple cap on a solid mahogany body. It's much lighter than I expected but has great tone and I absolutely love the JB in the bridge. I'm recording a new song as we speak so i'll link it when it's done, or at least completed enough to be worth posting haha.
What a fantastic score! HNGD!

On a side note, I just got a TubeMeister and absolutely love the thing (except I think I just blew a fuse). The amp has very high fidelity -- it's really nice!

Not sure about the currency conversion but I got mine for $535 (USD), shipped. Admittedly that was a good deal, but just check around if you're not happy with the price you've been quoted. Oh, and one other thing -- the head doesn't come with a footswitch, so factor that in as well (I ordered one right away and just got it -- I'm stoked!)
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by richardlpalmer
What a fantastic score! HNGD!

On a side note, I just got a TubeMeister and absolutely love the thing (except I think I just blew a fuse). The amp has very high fidelity -- it's really nice!

Not sure about the currency conversion but I got mine for $535 (USD), shipped. Admittedly that was a good deal, but just check around if you're not happy with the price you've been quoted. Oh, and one other thing -- the head doesn't come with a footswitch, so factor that in as well (I ordered one right away and just got it -- I'm stoked!)

Thanks!

I think the AUD is actually worth more than the US dollar but gear is still generally about twice the price here so under $900 still seems pretty good
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Thanks!

I think the AUD is actually worth more than the US dollar but gear is still generally about twice the price here so under $900 still seems pretty good

Yeah, gear here is priced way higher than the US. A TS9 here (for example) is $250 when you can get one in the US for around $100 I think..

Nevertheless, HNGD!!!
Whats with the sudden spate of MH-xx NGD's?

HNGD!

I have a lower end MH, and I have still to find another guitar in that price range that feels anywhere near as nice- strings hug the necl, rock solid tuning, tight, aggressive palm mutes and searing lead playing. I can only imagine just how awesome 1000 series must be.......

Someone sold an ESP Standard Viper in my are for 600 dollars if I had noticed it in time, I would have jumped on it in a second
I saw the letters 'ESP' and went 'ugh' and then saw the photo of the back of the guitar and went 'hmm...' and then I saw the top and went 'ugh' again. Something is off about it, to my eyes.

HNGD, though. I'm sure it plays and sounds way better than it looks.
What shop did you get this from man. I cant find any sick deals like that here in AUS. Keen for a tubemeister too....
Quote by T7E
What shop did you get this from man. I cant find any sick deals like that here in AUS. Keen for a tubemeister too....

Turramurra Music in Sydney
^

those are very nice guitars, nice score.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
HNGD!

And yes, get the Tubemeister. I got one about a month ago and it is a beautiful amp.