I would like to buy a guitar to be with for a long time

my budget is more or less 500 usd

i want the ''chuggy'' heavy sound like what lamb of god's guitar sounds
and the clarity of tones when Mark morton do his solos.
i listen to lamb of god,dream theater, a7x etc.
i play metal..

i prefer the seymour duncan pickups for its warm tones. I have my eyes set for jackson d2 dominion but i read somewhere that its too much cost than what it has to offer. The jackson king v sounded great but i dont like its V body shape. i prefer simple body shapes.

im totally of what guitar to buy so i would be very glad if you can help me

thanks alot,
Well LOG get their sound from Mesa Mark V's and Ibanez Prestiges afaik. The guitar will help somewhat but without a Mesa Mark amp you're not gonna get their tone. What amp do you have now?
I would buy a guitar based on simply 'METAL' i did that and regretted it.

Yeah i play metal still, but i discovered other genres that i love just as much.
blues ala gary moore.

i would be lying if i said i dint like to have a nice chug now and again....

this is why i recommend the

Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HH

22 frets,floyd rose,hot pickups

video

great for metal riffing, solo's and divebombs.

buy it here

http://www.billsmusiconline.com/1148100.html?cmp=googleproducts&kw=1148100

but also sound great a lower gain/distortion,plus it doesnt look a like a typical 'teen guitar'
Last edited by tomo123321v4 at Nov 17, 2011,
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Well LOG get their sound from Mesa Mark V's and Ibanez Prestiges afaik. The guitar will help somewhat but without a Mesa Mark amp you're not gonna get their tone. What amp do you have now?

right now i dont have an amp because my neighbors sucks and very sensitive about the noise.. so i just use sennheiser headphones. but im planning to buy an amp.

but for the guitar, what factors should i look for in terms of the sound and budget?? can you give me some guitars that can i put into options. . by the way i dont like guitars with middle pickups, thanks..
Well you could use the exact same guitar that they use but without their amp (or any amp for that matter) you're never gonna sound like them. If noise is an issue i'd look into a Pod HD 300 pedal and a mid range guitar with active pickups like an LTD MH-401 or something similar. You'll have very good modelling and a decent guitar.
Quote by vinsotnas
right now i dont have an amp because my neighbors sucks and very sensitive about the noise.. so i just use sennheiser headphones. but im planning to buy an amp.

but for the guitar, what factors should i look for in terms of the sound and budget?? can you give me some guitars that can i put into options. . by the way i dont like guitars with middle pickups, thanks..

you can't just plug headphones into a guitar and get sound. you certainly won't get metal sounds that way. you need a multifx unit with a headphone jack.

best suggestion for a guitar is to go down to a guitar shop and try some out. you really don't seem to have a clear idea of what you want. i believe there is a budget version of the mark morton guitar so look into that.
Quote by monwobobbo
you can't just plug headphones into a guitar and get sound. you certainly won't get metal sounds that way. you need a multifx unit with a headphone jack.

best suggestion for a guitar is to go down to a guitar shop and try some out. you really don't seem to have a clear idea of what you want. i believe there is a budget version of the mark morton guitar so look into that.

Im sorry if i failed to ellaborate more..
i do have a pedal effect. its MXR fullbore metal and a g1xn zoom.
also, i know about the d2 dominion but i read negative comments about it that it cost much than what it has to offer. because its a sig model.

i only talked about the LOG sound so i can show the idea of what sound i want.
and i know that there sound relies on the mark IV amps.

but im more concerned about what guitar i must use/buy. so u can help me about this matter. Tnx
Quote by vinsotnas
Im sorry if i failed to ellaborate more..
i do have a pedal effect. its MXR fullbore metal and a g1xn zoom.
also, i know about the d2 dominion but i read negative comments about it that it cost much than what it has to offer. because its a sig model.

i only talked about the LOG sound so i can show the idea of what sound i want.
and i know that there sound relies on the mark IV amps.

but im more concerned about what guitar i must use/buy. so u can help me about this matter. Tnx

try one if you can. just because others didn't like it doesn't mean you won't.it was well reviewed in guitar world and i've tried one and thought it was decent myself. i'd look into ESP/LTD guitars in your budget as well. once again go try some out if you can cus in the end your opinion is the one that counts.
LTD EC401VB and buy a Peavey Vypyr, all available 2nd hand and in budget.

The LTD has the 59 and JB set mark uses and is great for heavy stuff and will work for softer things when you grow out of metal.

the Vypyr is basically 24 variations of high gain lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb