Hey guys, I tried one of these today in my local guitar store and OH MY GOD, it blew me away. I'm definitely going to be getting myself one of these. Does anyone have any experience with these guitars? Opinions or thoughts? From what I've heard, they're pretty much excellent all round (excel in metal, but hey-ho, it's what I'll be using it for mostly).

Can someone also please explain the difference between the Horizon ii and Horizon i models?
They are awesome guitars in ever single respect.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I have a blue horizon NT-II and it is awesome. Here is my NGD thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438139

I couldn't tell you the differences between the horizon 1 and 2, but I am sure you will not be disappointed with any ESP you get. It is easily the most awesome guitar I have played.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by shikkaka
I have a blue horizon NT-II and it is awesome. Here is my NGD thread:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438139

I couldn't tell you the differences between the horizon 1 and 2, but I am sure you will not be disappointed with any ESP you get. It is easily the most awesome guitar I have played.

Such a beautiful guitar.

I've always wanted one, I've seen a few of my 'idols' in guitar playing playing them, so I guess that's where I got it from. Though I've only just recently been able to play one. One thing I've noticed is that most (if not, all) of them have excellent finishes. I suppose you really get what you pay for.
As far as I am aware the only difference between a Horizon 1 and 2 is the bridge.

Great guitars though, mine is setup rather poorly though.
Yeah, all the top of the line ESP's are competitive with pretty much anything as far as quality and playability go. I was smitten with an Eclipse until I stumbled upon my PRS. I think you'd be more than pleased with that guitar.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
1 and 2 is the bridge and in some years the stock pickups. H3s are then a different body shape.

Horizons are great. I've not been lucky enough to own one, only tried them a few times in shops. But every single one has been as close to flawless as possible. They're one of the few guitars I would happily buy online without trying first. My only gripe with them is having a toggle switch on a super Strat feels a little weird and it's a shame they don't get a nitro finish. But the finish they do have is thin enough it doesn't really matter, I just like having nitro for the sentimental value, the way it ages and smells.
Quote by ATLstang
Yeah, all the top of the line ESP's are competitive with pretty much anything as far as quality and playability go. I was smitten with an Eclipse until I stumbled upon my PRS. I think you'd be more than pleased with that guitar.

PRS are super nice. One of my friends is a PRS fanatic so I have had some time on them. I still prefer the ESPs because the necks of the PRS don't quite fit my hands. I love how much they weigh though, it really lets you know you are holding a guitar.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
There's the price difference as well. ESP's tend to go for around £1300 ish, whereas PRS guitars >>can<< go for considerably more. Again, you do get what you paid for, as I've tried a few PRS guitars (Mostly customs) and they were excellent. I seem to be utterly captivated by the Horizon I think though, It's just so perfect. I guess I'm gonna pick one up when I'm paid next week.

And also, I find it strange that ESP changed the bridge on their guitar, then just slapped the name 'Horizon ii' on it. Doe a change in bridge really justify a new 'series'? I've seen the iii models as well, but they look strange in my own opinion. I just love the look of the ii.
If you go 2nd hand you can get a pretty nice PRS CU22/24 from the states for around £1000-1200.

If you look real hard you can get ESP Horizon NTii for around £800-1000 from Japan.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i have a horizon I, although the setup the previous owner is crap, gotta set it up one of these days, it still plays really good! it really is an awsome guitar!!! it really is a high quality instrument!
This is my sig....i'm not a funny man
Yeah, I've found an NT ii for £800, it's what has made me consider buying one. I'll keep having a look around between now and payday, then I'll decide
The thing about it is, and I can say this with some confidence since I spent about 4 months going to every guitar shop I could find shopping for a new guitar, once you get to the top of the line guitars, the real ESP's, real US Fenders, Gibsons, and PRS's, etc., they're all really nice. You might find a dud once in a while, but for the overwhelming majority they're all pretty sweet, and they should be for what they cost. The real differentiating factor is going to be preference, so if you like that ESP, you aren't going to regret it later. Plus, top notch gear like that holds value unless you really trash it, so you can probably turn around and get most of your money back if you just hate it.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
The difference between the Horizon I and the Horizon II have nothing to do with the bridge. Both versions come in floyd rose variants, although I believe the I doesn't have a fixed bridge model.

The difference as far as my research can tell is that the I has a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil neck pickup, and the II has an HH setup.

I'm a pretty huge ESP fan, so I can answer almost any question you may have about the brand.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The difference between the Horizon I and the Horizon II have nothing to do with the bridge. Both versions come in floyd rose variants, although I believe the I doesn't have a fixed bridge model.

The difference as far as my research can tell is that the I has a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil neck pickup, and the II has an HH setup.

I'm a pretty huge ESP fan, so I can answer almost any question you may have about the brand.
There's some shots of H1s floating around with a stopbar instead of string-through on the hardtail models. There's your bridge difference.
Quote by grohl1987
There's some shots of H1s floating around with a stopbar instead of string-through on the hardtail models. There's your bridge difference.

The stop bar isn't the "bridge" though. And even if it was: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/original/horizon/index_end.html#hrz2cs
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Biggest difference is the I has a **** stock

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ATLstang
The thing about it is, and I can say this with some confidence since I spent about 4 months going to every guitar shop I could find shopping for a new guitar, once you get to the top of the line guitars, the real ESP's, real US Fenders, Gibsons, and PRS's, etc., they're all really nice. You might find a dud once in a while, but for the overwhelming majority they're all pretty sweet, and they should be for what they cost. The real differentiating factor is going to be preference, so if you like that ESP, you aren't going to regret it later. Plus, top notch gear like that holds value unless you really trash it, so you can probably turn around and get most of your money back if you just hate it.

Very true. I've always loved ESP's. If I'm getting one, it might as well be the horizon!