Poll: Which Amp would you buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp would you buy?
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
5 20%
Vox AC30VR
4 16%
Vox AC30C2
15 60%
Vox AC15C1
1 4%
Voters: 25.
I am looking to buy a new amp,
always had my eye on the AC30 range, Im a big fan of the clean tones you can get with them.

At the moment Ive got a Vox AD50VT that I use on a clean channel, with a Big Muff pedal (Most of the stuff my band plays is Black Keys/BRMC heavy blues style.)
But I do a lot of swapping between clean and fuzz, so obviously I need an amp with a good clean sound, that sounds good with my big muff through too.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Orange Tiny Terror Combo is actually loud enough on clean for a full band rehearsal, and whether or not it sounds any good with a fuzz pedal?

Id prefer not to fork out £730 upwards for an AC30C2, If I really dont have to.

Also does anyone know how the Ac30VRs perform with fuzz pedals too? If i can save £300 by buying one of them Id be happy!

Iv set a poll up with this thread too to just see which amp you would all go for in my situation!

Cheers Guys
The Tiny Terror will not be loud enough for full band rehearsal, and stay clean. Absolutely not. Neither will the AC15.

I would steer clear of the AC30VR, but that's simply because I don't like having a 12AX7 in my power amp...

That leaves the AC30.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Nov 17, 2011,
Quote by tubetime86
The Tiny Terror will not be loud enough for full band rehearsal, and stay clean. Absolutely not. Neither will the AC15.

I would steer clear of the AC30VR, but that's simply because I don't like having a 12AX7 in my power amp...

That leaves the AC30.

Agreed. I haven't played one of the VRs yet but I imagine they're fairly similar to the Valvetronix series you already have. If you want a serious upgrade, the AC30 is the only one on your list.
AC15s are loud, but they won't stay clean in a band situation if your drummer gets into what he/she is doing at all. AC30c2 is your only option, and not a bad one at that. I play through one and love it to death.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Yh I imagined the VR would be similar to valvetronix,
Cheers guys, definitely leaning towards the AC30C2,

Anyone know any other combos that might be worth me having a look at?
Peavey Classic 30, Traynor YCV50 or YCS50, Marshall Studio 15 (if you can find one).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by benwest
Yh I imagined the VR would be similar to valvetronix,
Cheers guys, definitely leaning towards the AC30C2,

Anyone know any other combos that might be worth me having a look at?

I used to own a 30VR, i think it's actually inferior to the VT's. You're better off with your 50VT imho. But as far as upgrading... dude, if it's an AC30 you want then there's nothing better out there (besides boutique clones- eg Top Hat, Matchless, Morgan, JMI, etc)
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Yh I think AC30 is the way im gonna go,
We sort of cross bluesy sounds with, clean spacy delayed stuff, so I reckon the clean tone from the AC30 would be better for me.
Thanks a lot anyway!
Btw, can anyone recommend The reissue Fender Blues Deluxe? never tried one of those but keep seeing good reviews online.
I have a friend who plays through one. He has wonderful tone, but those and AC30s are two completely different monsters. He's what you should do:

1. Set a price range (take used price into account)
2. Determine basic "style" of amp (low/mid/high gain, wattage, etc.)
3. Find a shop with a varied selection of quality amps (my local GC in Austin is great for this. They carry top of the line Fender, Vox, Orange, Mesa, and Marshall, along with some other super high quality toys.)
4. Play the hell out of each and every one in your range.

I did this for a few months. I was dead set on a Fender Super-Sonic for a really long time, then an Egnater Renegade, until I realized I was trying to make everything sound like an AC30. Find out what you're trying to make everything sound like, and then get that amp.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray