If there's already a thread answering this, feel free to ignore and point me in the right direction.

I work with a pretty simple setup.
guitar=> NS-2 noise suppressor=> Peavey 5150=>DD-3 Delay in FX loop => cab. Sometimes I throw in a wah pedal for giggles.

As I said, currently, I have to run the noise suppressor through the front end, and then the delay through the effects, but I always have to use 4 cables to wire everything. Is there any way I can change this setup to something even simpler, requiring less..cables? Am I even supposed to run the delay through the fx loop? Can I run the noise suppressor through the fx loop?

I'm asking now because I would like to expand my collection of effects, and it'd be a bitch to have a million cables with two separate chains to the front end and the fx loop, etc. Is there a simpler solution?

tl;dr: HALP ME FIGURE OUT MY EFFECTS SIGNAL CHAIN
u can run the delay in the front but theres going to be too much delay.

running the ns-2 in the loop (i have found) doesnt do the job. some people use the X connection which basically wires the ns-2 to both the loop and the front.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
u can run the delay in the front but theres going to be too much delay.

running the ns-2 in the loop (i have found) doesnt do the job. some people use the X connection which basically wires the ns-2 to both the loop and the front.

I agree with your point of view, the most important thing is to use the X connection under control.
Last edited by ZHANG FELIX at Nov 19, 2011,
I've worked with a heap of bands that have massive effects chains - pretty big names (some not by choice, it's just the requirement of the gig) and 99.9% run their effects through the front.

The only time they vary and use loops is when recording, and even then it's trial and error in getting the sound they want.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.