C4C

Just released my solo project Tesma's second EP. It's a little bit death, a little bit metalcore, a little bit strange. Most of it is instrumental.

It can be found here:

Ultimate-Guitar
Spotify

The song Sea of Lies features vocals from Sevenstring.orgs pineappleman, Josh Jacobs of Testament of Apollo.

Everything is bedroom recorded and bedroom produced.

If you're just going to listen to one of the songs, please let it be Sea of Lies. This song can also be found here: Soundcloud

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Taclite at Nov 17, 2011,
I checked out "Sea Of Lies" Good mixing, vocals sounded great. Guitar work was impressive aswell, very tasteful. Chorus was great. Usually this genre of music isn't my cup of tea but I actually really dug this song. Good job on the songwriting. Overall there isin't anything I dislike, bass could be a little louder and have better tone,(nit picking there) but other than that good job with the tune.
I also checked out Sea of Lies. It sounds good, but I'm not too fond of the dissonance in the intro. It seems excessive.
In a moment I've lost
Taken from the inside
Her eyes take me away
Tear me apart from the inside out
Sea of Lies already had 2 crits so i picked another one, Liquors and liqueurs.
Awesome riffs and heavy feel throughout, nice tones as well, the drums could be mixed a little lower or the rest a bit louder at some points.
Stays interesting as an instrumental and overall good song, like it alot!
This is awesome! The vocals sound great, all of the riffs flow, and the song structure is pretty good as well. I could possibly do vocals on one of your tracks if you ever wanted, although im trying to fix my microphone at the moment. Great work.
Sea of Lies:

First off, it's very well-mixed and EQed. There's a good amount of panning for the vocals and the bass is nice and high (maybe just a little too high). I can hear all the parts perfectly and nothing clashes.

The lyrics are a little vague and cliched. I'm not entirely sure what it was written about but the diction could use a little switching around (just some thesaurus work would fix everything).

The music itself is great. I would just add a little more variation on the verse (I think that's the verse) since that seems to come back the most in verbatim. I liked that there was a use of both high and low death growls.
Sea Of Lies -
Very heavy intro, me likey. Like the scream at the beginning, really punches you into the song. The riffs are okay, kind of simple but pretty effective. I love the vocals at around 2:08, great stuff! Probably my favorite part right there. The mixing is well, pretty good. a LOT better than the majority of self produced songs I've heard on here. Overall pretty good job but not my type of music... Best of luck though \m/

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1495885
first of all, you just got a new follower on soundcloud
i listened to Sea of Lies, and i have to say the production is ****ING good, and so is the composition.

the guitar work is really good rhythmically, but i really think you could have gone with some more dynamic contrast and did some kind of solo or something, as the song seems to sound quite straightforward, and some more dynamics would allow it to stand out and be more original sounding.

overall, i loved it, and i really think that you should get a band together perform this stuff live, especially as it has that "feel" where you just wanna ****ing mosh haha.
good luck with your music!

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28574818#post28574818
also, some clean vocals would make it sound epic
especially during the bit where it goes
"Presumptuous words
From a pathetic person
Nothing can redeem what you have done"

or even the main verse/chorus

the "hopeless, broken again" sounds ****ing epic as screams though
Quote by Duce180
I checked out "Sea Of Lies" Good mixing, vocals sounded great. Guitar work was impressive aswell, very tasteful. Chorus was great. Usually this genre of music isn't my cup of tea but I actually really dug this song. Good job on the songwriting. Overall there isin't anything I dislike, bass could be a little louder and have better tone,(nit picking there) but other than that good job with the tune.

Thanks man!
The bass is programmed and I didn't spend too much time tweaking it, I thought it sounded rather good from scratch.

Quote by Rootex_
I also checked out Sea of Lies. It sounds good, but I'm not too fond of the dissonance in the intro. It seems excessive.

Well, I think it's a "mood setter" of sorts. Thanks for your comment

Quote by Benjami
Sea of Lies already had 2 crits so i picked another one, Liquors and liqueurs.
Awesome riffs and heavy feel throughout, nice tones as well, the drums could be mixed a little lower or the rest a bit louder at some points.
Stays interesting as an instrumental and overall good song, like it alot!

Ah, thanks! I agree on the drums being a bit overwhelming at times. I was just being lazy and thought it would do ;>

Quote by Slayer127
This is awesome! The vocals sound great, all of the riffs flow, and the song structure is pretty good as well. I could possibly do vocals on one of your tracks if you ever wanted, although im trying to fix my microphone at the moment. Great work.

Thanks a lot man, if you get your mic fixed hit me up with some samples of your vocals

Quote by WizMystery
Sea of Lies:

First off, it's very well-mixed and EQed. There's a good amount of panning for the vocals and the bass is nice and high (maybe just a little too high). I can hear all the parts perfectly and nothing clashes.

The lyrics are a little vague and cliched. I'm not entirely sure what it was written about but the diction could use a little switching around (just some thesaurus work would fix everything).

The music itself is great. I would just add a little more variation on the verse (I think that's the verse) since that seems to come back the most in verbatim. I liked that there was a use of both high and low death growls.

Thanks for your comment!
The lyrics are probably a bit bland, but no matter what, they're very personal to me. They're the only lyrics I've ever written, and I haven't planned on doing more. They pretty much sum up all my hatred for a particular person who used to be in my life.

Quote by touke
Sea Of Lies -
Very heavy intro, me likey. Like the scream at the beginning, really punches you into the song. The riffs are okay, kind of simple but pretty effective. I love the vocals at around 2:08, great stuff! Probably my favorite part right there. The mixing is well, pretty good. a LOT better than the majority of self produced songs I've heard on here. Overall pretty good job but not my type of music... Best of luck though \m/

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1495885

Thanks man, I'll have a look at your thread and crit there

Quote by naybnbyuwn
first of all, you just got a new follower on soundcloud
i listened to Sea of Lies, and i have to say the production is ****ING good, and so is the composition.

the guitar work is really good rhythmically, but i really think you could have gone with some more dynamic contrast and did some kind of solo or something, as the song seems to sound quite straightforward, and some more dynamics would allow it to stand out and be more original sounding.

overall, i loved it, and i really think that you should get a band together perform this stuff live, especially as it has that "feel" where you just wanna ****ing mosh haha.
good luck with your music!

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28574818#post28574818

also, some clean vocals would make it sound epic
especially during the bit where it goes
"Presumptuous words
From a pathetic person
Nothing can redeem what you have done"

or even the main verse/chorus

the "hopeless, broken again" sounds ****ing epic as screams though

Wow, thanks for your comment! I'm not too fond of solos, which explains the lack of such parts ;D
It might be hard to get a band together to play this stuff, I basically live out in the woods of Sweden, and not a lot of people here listen to or play metal.

The lyrics and vocal lines were written with the intent to be screamed by myself, but I realized after recording it that I'm pretty much awful at it. I'm not much of a singer either, heh.

I'll have a look at your thread ASAP!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment, I really appreciate it. This project is very personal to me and has been my main way to deal with emotions for quite some time.
Last edited by Taclite at Nov 21, 2011,
This is my first post here!! hi!

i listened to anteater number one and i really like the refrain(is that how u spell it? :S)
Quote by Squabble
This is my first post here!! hi!

i listened to anteater number one and i really like the refrain(is that how u spell it? :S)

Thanks! It's refrain or chorus :P

Quote by Invisus
Damn dude the vocals on sea of lies are top notch, solid guitar work too.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498339
Here's something I've been working on if you want to check it out.

Thanks a lot
Critted yours in your thread!