So you're covering a song, You learn the whole song, get it down like it's nothing.
Zero Effort.

Then you go back to learn the solo section; and you know what your supposed to be playing in your head (like, the frets, how it's supposed to sound, etc.) but your hands just aren't cooperating and you cant learn it?

I just get pissed after awhile and walk away, but that doesn't help me learn.

Advice? Pointers?
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Quote by NickGiovanni

I just get pissed after awhile and walk away, but that doesn't help me learn. Advice? Pointers?

Just that.. Walk away before you get so frustrated you throw something... then come back to it.. Start slow, and build up speed gradually

Oh.. How many guitar players does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One, he holds the light bulb still and lets the world revolve around him..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
I'm not sure copying solos note-for-note is always a good thing. Lead playing is often too ingrained with the style of the guitarist; all you'll get is a pale imitation. Write your own solo, something that suits your own playing style. Let it evoke the original if you wish but put your own style on it.
Quote by Jehannum
I'm not sure copying solos note-for-note is always a good thing. Lead playing is often too ingrained with the style of the guitarist; all you'll get is a pale imitation. Write your own solo, something that suits your own playing style. Let it evoke the original if you wish but put your own style on it.

while, I agree with exactly what your saying... at one time it was my job to learn it exactly like it was played on THAT record...

LOL in another band I was told that if I played it the same way twice, he'd fire me.. LMAO
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
It's useful to play exact transcriptions. Improvisation is cool, but don't use it as an excuse not to play stuff like it was written.

You make it sound as if you have problems with your technique? The solution for that is to slow down until you can wrap your head around it and then slowly increase tempo.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Put some effort in it:

Your solution is: As soon as something takes dedication or serious effort because it is not easy to do you throw a tantrum ?
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.