We did this in a real studio, Goldentone here in Gainesville. I can't believe we actually have a BACKER who is PAYING for this! He wants to do a video too, haha!

Big news, we now have a rough mix for the Crash Pad song "Pink Slip Rick." (The title is a reference to the rightwing Teabagger Governor of Florida.) It was gonna have slide and harp in the blank verse but that didn't gel and we ended up doing a lead guitar break instead. Which presented a bit of a problem, as I'd never even attempted to play lead on the song. Or even thought about it. We kept the third take, all of them totally improvised. No punch-ins. Ain't perfect but it works.

Pink Slip Rick kind of evolved. I thought it might need to be "sweetened" for mainstream consumption (thus I also did acoustic parts, on mando and 12-string, not used) and I even did a couple takes of singing like a regular human being, but Tim, our patron, wanted to just do the regular live-type punk rock vocal, so that's what's down. I didn't do a single punch-in (instruments or vocals) last night! Two takes, pick one, haha!

Listen, if you dare, and lemme know the true depth of its awfulness! Can be downloaded to torture your friends!

http://soundcloud.com/brian-krashpad/pink-slip-rick-11-16-11