so lets start of by saying ima big noob! and a beginner noob at that but anyway i have an esp ex-50 (leave teh insults out) and i know its not the best but hey i like it but i am unsatisfied by bridge sound so i want a new pickup i have asked this before and just got stick for my guitar so i need the best solution for the best sound i have basswood and like metal/hard rock dimarzio recomend a d activator or an x2n for a basswood heavy sound so im liking the soundof it but i was thinking the peavey vypyr aswell so what would sound better a dimarzio pickup with vyvpyr or an equally priced amp or blow all my money on a good amp and keep the stock pups suggestions?
VYPYR + Diarzio/BKP Nailbomb OR! spend all money on amp!
(please leave the insults such as cheap guitar and shiz i realise this but would like to keep this guitar just make it sound better) thanks
Last edited by NathanBell at Nov 17, 2011,
good amp !
Gear:
-Squier Bullet Strat

DUNLOP CRY BABY

-Peavey ValveKing 212
Not much under there except used stuff. Try and score a used vypyr tube on eBay, or if you HAVE to buy new get a Bugera 333 or 6260
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
new amp, and maybe throw a cheaper pickup in there that doesn't completely break the bank but which'll be probably better than what you have stock- have heard good things about irongear (~£25) and tonerider (used to be ~£25 too but now are more like £35-£40 ).

that's what i'd do, if you like the guitar.

EDIT: thomann has bugeras on sale at teh moment. the 6260 combo is just under budget (you'll probably get slightly ripped on the exchange rate, so assume £250 or so), I haven't tried it, but i doubt you'll get much better new, maybe even used (unless you're lucky).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Nov 17, 2011,
Dave just reminded me of something, Irongear now have an active pickup set called the Volt. It retails at about £60 and actually sounds pretty good for metal.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.