I was unsure whether to post this here or in GBAC. But clearly, I chose here.

Anyway, my problem is that my action is perfect at the first fret, at 2 mm on 6th string and 1mm at first. I have no fret buzz, and it's comfortable. However, at the 12th fret, my action is 5mm on the 6th string and 6mm on the first.

I know that I need to adjust the truss rod, but I'm scared that I'll break the neck from twisting it the wrong way. Do I twist it left or right?

Also, my guitar is left-handed. Does that make a difference?
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
what type of bridge does it have on it?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
The regular Epiphone Les Paul one. I don't know what it's called. I think it's Tune-O-Matic with stop bar.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
is the neck straight? it might just be a case of lowering the action. or do you get fret buzz when you do that?
don't use truss rod adjustment to change the action.

basically, adjust neck relief with the truss rod, then set the action at the bridge. see the set up thread in this forum for details.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by GazzaCee
I was unsure whether to post this here or in GBAC. But clearly, I chose here.

Anyway, my problem is that my action is perfect at the first fret, at 2 mm on 6th string and 1mm at first. I have no fret buzz, and it's comfortable. However, at the 12th fret, my action is 5mm on the 6th string and 6mm on the first.

I know that I need to adjust the truss rod, but I'm scared that I'll break the neck from twisting it the wrong way. Do I twist it left or right?

Also, my guitar is left-handed. Does that make a difference?

stop getting all caught up on mm heights.
they will vary guitar to guitar.

if you want to check the neck relief,

fret the first fret, Low E, at the same time,
fret the last fret. Low E, where the neck and body meet. ~19th.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th.

if string lays on the middle frets there, then post back i'll tell you what to do.

if the string is lifted off the frets there, then what fits in the gap?
a thin pick? 2 picks?

and like said, these questions belong in the set up thread at the top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011