Hi there, i've recently put my strat back to sss rather than SSH configuration. Ever since i've had a buzz on each pick up that goes away if i touch any metal on the guitar and also goes away if i roll all the way back on the tones? Any ideas?
I've resolderd all grounds 3 times now and they all ring for continuity.

thanks
If it happens in all mic positions there's a problem, if only when single pups are chosen that's just natural
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Well i never had this problem when the configuration was hss, the singles were fine so i'm guessing its a grounding issue or something now. They were also the same fender noiseless pick ups so....
Surely its not normal for the buzz to go away when the tones are rolled off?! I'm convinced its not normal anyway because they didn't do it before
yeah you picked up a grounding issue.

they can be really hard to sort out.

just check the output jack wires,
the wire to the trem claw,

and if it's neither of those then you need to open the guitar again,
and maybe star ground it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
yeah you picked up a grounding issue.

they can be really hard to sort out.

just check the output jack wires,
the wire to the trem claw,

and if it's neither of those then you need to open the guitar again,
and maybe star ground it.

^ This....
Alot of people seem to forget about the ground wire from the Trem claw/bridge when rewiring.
Or it could be when you put the pick guard back on, that one of the wires got moved and came loose.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09