2 18%
CMATMODS Signa Drive
0 0%
CMATMODS Super Signa Drive
1 9%
None of the above
4 36%
Voters: 11.
Yes another OD thread. This time with a poll for opinions on 6 different OD pedals. I started a thread a few weeks back to get some ideas on a good OD for texas blues/regular blues.

The reason for this new thread is because I received a great number of suggestions and I am really torn between several pedals. I have been researching through hundreds of reviews and found that the 6 pedals in the poll are all reputable and excellent choices for the music I want to play and all with in price range ($180 AUD).

What I want in this thread is which pedal would YOU pick for the above style and WHY. I am really fussy that's why I am starting another thread. I am not a sheep follower by any means but want to get an idea on the preferred OD of choice in this list. Anyways enough babbling and let's get into it!
i've tried precisely none of those, but as far as i'm aware...

Fulltone FullDrive 2 Mosfet- modified tubescreamer (or maybe sd1... not that either is a million miles apart) with boost
Visual Sound Double Trouble- two tubescreamers (lightly modified, if even)
Mojo Hand FX Rook- dunno, but looks suspiciously like a tubescreamer too
GMD Luther Drive- modified tubescreamer
CMATMODS Signa Drive- modified tubescreamer
CMATMODS Super Signa Drive- modified tubescreamer with 3-band eq and boost

that's not to say they won't sound different, or that you might not prefer one over the others, but yeah.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Fulltone is probably the only pedal that any UG'r has ever tried. The CMATMODS are definitely not common.
I have the regular signa drive. Awesome pedal. The toggle switch is like having 3 different pedals in one. Quality sound, quality build. I voted for the super, since it has more tone control.
i make you a handwired timmy for cheaps like asians cheap for you my friend.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
i make you a handwired timmy for cheaps like asians cheap for you my friend.

HOW MUCH?!
Quote by Sputnik1
HOW MUCH?!

a million klons. depends, email me through the link in my sig if you are actually keen.
mojostompboxes.com
So check out the Timmy ay..? What is it based on...like a TS or Klon or ? Also does anyone here know much about the Mojo Hand Rook got a good review by GMD.
Just a Bugera V22. It get's a nice tone with the clean channel cranked and the master down to around the 8 o'clock mark. I just want something to push into a texas blues territory a little more so just a light gain boost. I know SRV used 2 TS808's back to back and I just found the Visual Sound Double Trouble (surely not a reference...) long after several other awesome suggestions (especially the Signa, Rook and Fulldrive) so I am torn a little especially seeing as it would be cool to get 2 pedals and back to back them.
the Timmy is an original design.

Personally I'd have Tim (greeny23) make you a tubescreamer since that seems to be the sound you are looking for

Quote by Sputnik1
The Fulltone is probably the only pedal that any UG'r has ever tried. The CMATMODS are definitely not common.

ye of little faith, you sir have not ventured into the pedalboard thread have you?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
pushing an amp harder and adding a little hair is a great use for the timmy. might as well try and listen to some clips and things of one and then send toyroom an email and see what Tim can do for you.

I have some of his work and it is great. especially for the prices you are paying.
Quote by lbj273

ye of little faith, you sir have not ventured into the pedalboard thread have you?

I've seen enough of the pedalboard thread. Definitely didn't see anyone using his pedals permanently on their board. SORRY!
So does he do faithful replica's of the Timmy's does he? How much generally are they? And yeah it's on my list to check out now. I have heard that the Timmy is a great pedal on all sorts of forums so I will definitely check it out.
Quote by lbj273
the Timmy is an original design.

Personally I'd have Tim (greeny23) make you a tubescreamer since that seems to be the sound you are looking for

pbt is full. you need have girls with you to get in.
doesn't mean we haven't tried them
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by Sputnik1
I've seen enough of the pedalboard thread. Definitely didn't see anyone using his pedals permanently on their board. SORRY!

Whos pedals? i use one of Tims pedals permanently.

If you are talking about the timmy, there is a bloke who uses it permanently as well. i tried to offer him fistings as a payment but he just likes it that much.
Quote by joe_k
Whos pedals? i use one of Tims pedals permanently.

If you are talking about the timmy, there is a bloke who uses it permanently as well. i tried to offer him fistings as a payment but he just likes it that much.

No, one of CMATMODs. You gots to follow the messages.

Quote by lbj273
doesn't mean we haven't tried them

I know that, it just not like numerous have tried or still have one. I'm not trying to fight.
well your statement was that you didn't think any UGer had tried any of them other than the Fulltone, my point was that we have. I've owned half that list and tried all but one. Its best not to make blanket statements
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

why those pedals? seems like an old fashion tubescreamer would do the trick. even more to the point what's wrong with the distortion from your amp? since texas blues is fairly low gain in nature i'd think you'd be able to get that type of sound with just the amp. just wondering.
Quote by monwobobbo
why those pedals? seems like an old fashion tubescreamer would do the trick. even more to the point what's wrong with the distortion from your amp? since texas blues is fairly low gain in nature i'd think you'd be able to get that type of sound with just the amp. just wondering.

Well yeah in a way you are right but I think the amp needs just a tad more gain on it. So yeah a TS is what I am after and afaik most of the pedals are TS-808 clones. Just after opinions on each individually and why people would vote one way over another. As I am really having trouble picking one because they are all pretty good pedals unless someone can moot that. I just can't decide so I put the poll up
Anyone hear of the Toadworks Texas Flood. Pretty cool name for an OD pedal. Can anyone vouch for it....?
dude honestly your in Australia, you should talk to greeny23, he is also in Australia so his stuff is going to be your best bang for your buck. Even if you don't have him build a pedal from scratch, he does mods as well.

here is a demo a recent customer did of a tubescreamer he modded vs a stock one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3MLQeDW_Y&feature=g-all
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Well after much much deliberation I have purchased the GMD Luther Drive as it sounds the nearest to a TS-808 (in fact nearly identical in some shoot outs) out of the list of pedals I short listed.

On top of this GMD has been excellent in providing different options with the pedal and his customer service is always prompt and friendly. I will do a new NPD once it arrives and I've had the chance to play with it a bit.
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?