Hi
I´m recording microfone into amp, beaucause i want to have my own tune from my pedalboard, even to play live , i know its the same , dont want vst´s.
Some guy told me that most lead guitar/solos are recorded in mono, but I listned to some instrumental guitar songs like joe satriani - forgotten part 2, or steve vai-blue powder, they have that kind of ping-pong delay in stereo recording.
Can you tell the process to do it, how do you do it ,taking the natural mono from amp , and turn it into stereo delay for the lead guitar?
in your mixing program you send it to a stereo Aux channel and put on a ping-pong delay. Or you can also put a mono->stereo delay on the channel itself, the channel will then become stereo but the parts not being delayed are still being mono. Recommend using the aux though, since you can easily adjust the amount of delay compared to direct signal.
To do this while recording you need an amp with stereo out and 2 cabs or 2 amps.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by henrihell
in your mixing program you send it to a stereo Aux channel and put on a ping-pong delay. Or you can also put a mono->stereo delay on the channel itself, the channel will then become stereo but the parts not being delayed are still being mono..

I think this way is easier, is there any other way the channel will then become stereo and the parts being delayed stereo?
Maybe with vst´s
Quote by z4twenny
so no one wants to mention copying the mono track and panning one left and one right?

I have already done that the ping pong delay does not sound well
Quote by henrihell
Recommend using the aux though, since you can easily adjust the amount of delay compared to direct signal.
To do this while recording you need an amp with stereo out and 2 cabs or 2 amps.

Did not understand that, is it possible to make a draw, or make it simplified like i was pretty dumb
^ i was actually referring to manually copying the track and editing the delay into place, i'm not sure what exactly you're trying to do other than add the stereo delay to which i would suggest a vst where you pan the dry signal to one side and the delay to the other.
but the late signal is used in the rhythm guitars, and also use on guitar leader, do you think is right?
...and what vst do you suggest?
i will try your idea dry signal to one side and the delay to the other, thanks